Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

SR101 Port Forwarding | Is it blocked by sky?

This is a discussion on SR101 Port Forwarding | Is it blocked by sky? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Please don't feel offended, Port forwarding has always been a nightmare. . Then something Is going ...

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: SR101 Port Forwarding | Is it blocked by sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Please don't feel offended, Port forwarding has always been a nightmare.
      Then something Is going terribly wrong.

It shouldn't be.... If you know the internal IP address of the host and the ports you want to forward it should be simple if it's not then something's broken.

The only thing that should stop it is the firewall but I'd imagine the sky router is far to simple to have configurable firewall rules that would need to be configured separately for a port forward, that would just be stupid for a piece of consumer gear.

2. Advertisement
      klem is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD 2Tb
      Thanks

Scubbie,

I have received your PM and replied. Thank you.

dragon2611,
      There is something terribly wrong. My simple wired laptop test setup has a static IP which is seen in the SR101 as the attached device. I have created a port forwarding rule in the SR101 and applied it to that IP. There are dozens if not hundreds of posts from other users with the same problems scattered through this and other forum sites, some of them abandoning the SR101 and drifting into using alternative routers, sometimes re-flashing older routers to make them capable etc., etc. It's ridiculous.

Hix and others (in hope)
      Using various web Open Port test sites all my ports come up as Closed. Using nMap I see the port I have opened as 'filtered' and Port 80 (web) as Open whilst the opened ports on my DIR655 connected to the SR101 DMZ show as Closed. A glimmer of hope perhaps for the wired laptop Port but I don't know how to take that further and make the port I set appear as Open instead of filtered. "filtered" implies "Nmap cannot determine whether the port is open because packet filtering prevents its probes from reaching the port. The filtering could be from a dedicated firewall device, router rules, or host-based firewall software." I have checked the Windows firewall and All ports, both TCP and UDP, are open in the firewall for the running application (my game). And it has been like that since I was running it successfully on Virginmedia just a few weeks ago. The problem lies in the Sky system/hardware.

SportsFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Guess this answers my question, posted here. Time to say bye bye to one of the worst ISPs I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Absolute scumbag of a company, up there with BT and Halifax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12