Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible fault on line??

This is a discussion on Possible fault on line?? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all wondering if someone on here can have a look at this graph please and tell me if there ...

TAACHESTER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Possible fault on line??

Hello all wondering if someone on here can have a look at this graph please and tell me if there could be a fault on my linePossible fault on line??-internet-problem.jpg The packet loss yesterday evening was while I was on xbox and I was thrown out of game totally.This isn't the first time that it as happened,i have other graphs over the last week showing lag spikes but no packet loss.Also my download speed as dropped by about 5mb and upload speed as over halved in the last monthPossible fault on line??-bad-internet.jpgbut as you can see ping as remained good its 16 from cmd to bbc.co.uk which it pretty much always has been,all the test are done on Ethernet .sorry if its all a bit jumbled but don't post very often Thanks for you help Tim
      Last edited by TAACHESTER; 12-11-13 at 04:25 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Possible fault on line??

Hello Tim, sorry for the late response.

I'm not very sure what is happening there. Have you tried contacting Sky (you'll have to try in the morning now) and speaking with the fibre team. If there is an issue they should be able to see this on the stats, provided that BTO have given them access.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Thanks for response Scubbie.

Yes I have been in touch with sky customer services,their first test came back as a pass so they passed it on to fibre team to call me back .cutting long story short they didn't get back to me on two occasions and the third attempt they rang wrong time so missed them,
      so I rang back to complain and sods law they actually rang again while on phone to them, leaving me a message,have not got back to them yet
      This is what as been happening since my post do you have any ideas online gaming is impossible cause of jumping about.
      Dates are muddled up the big red bit is after sky asked me to reset everything forgot to put respond to ping back on.
      speed dropped further as well but that could be cause of reboot Thanks Tim
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible fault on line??-12th.jpg   Possible fault on line??-13th.jpg   Possible fault on line??-14th.jpg   Possible fault on line??-15th.jpg   Possible fault on line??-dodgy.jpg  

Possible fault on line??-17th.jpg  

Thanks

Resetting the router should not affect the connection in your case. Resetting the Modem would though.

Looking at those images I would suggest that you do need to speak with the fibre team though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

TAACHESTER (17-11-13)

Thanks

Morning all
      Few questions to ask, since my last post on my problem been in touch with sky customer services (not too bad),got put through to fibre team excellent service especially has he said they are only 12 of them.
      sky ran their tests found no fault so engineer was sent,he found 2 faults, excessive crosstalk and a fault on exchange side of line.
      He came back to house saying he had put me back on temporary and he would be back in morning has he couldn't see anymore pitch black,rang me 10mins later saying all ok as speed had gone up so wasn't coming back.
      That night kept losing connection plus constant jitter ,rang sky told them what happened they said have to wait for DLM to finish not happy.
      anyway two weeks of problem sky rang back Saturday morning to see if all ok told them no, so they ran their tests again which came back fail due to over aggressive DLM, past back to BTO again to see whats wrong
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible fault on line??-5d18bdfca04e4b682e73fa8ee8454608-28-11-2013.jpg  

Thanks

Good luck with the visit. It would be nice if it were the same engineer as it would save a little time and he could get straight into doing the fix he should have done last time.

Sadly Sky doesn't have access to the DLM software and are reliant on BTO sorting that side of things. They should have triggered a response earlier but I suspect that their hands were tied.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

TAACHESTER (02-12-13)

Thanks

Thanks for reply scubbie, has of this morning connection seems better has you can see from current graph but speed down to 27400 and 3600 up bt man said between 32 and 34mb my ping has shot up to 33 to bbc on cmd (I had better ping on adsl)
      bt checker say 66mb 20mb and im roughly 200m from cab
      if he comes and says all ok no faults should I accept them connection stats or get back in touch with sky, I got fibre to lower ping for online gaming used to be 16ms

Thanks again scubbie for your replies Tim
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible fault on line??-5b889469a2e9cd4a4abb7c9a9961d961-02-12-2013.jpg  

Thanks

I would let the engineer do some work myself.

Without knowing the nature of the fault, it appears that your line is just fluctuating and is not stable. I would suggest that this is a temporary reprieve and that it is unlikely to remain at this speed for long.

...of course if I am proved wrong then you are the winner.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

TAACHESTER (02-12-13)

Thanks

Help!! can anyone please advise me what to do now,BT are saying no fault on the line so no one will come out,SKY closed the case but didn't bother to tell me.Rang back up today to tell them still the same problem, online gaming is impossible with all the jitter character jumping and skipping but they will not do anything
      speed has gone back up ping come down but all that has done is cause more jitter as you can see from todays graph,I am not network savvy but surely my graph should not look like that.
      I have even gone to trouble of getting new wires for everything plus trying different sky hub from friends plus bought new xbox (always play wired)
      Please someone help as I feel my only option is to move to another provider on the hope they will sort it
      Aswell its took me over ten mins to write this has letters don't appear on screen everytime, it was the same last few times,is that related?
      Thanks Tim
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible fault on line??-what-do.jpg  

Thanks

When you type a response on this forum, the typing is local and not passed over the Internet except periodically when the text is saved or you post it.

I would suggest that you need to check your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast