Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Openreach hg612 unlock. What have I done wrong please help

This is a discussion on Openreach hg612 unlock. What have I done wrong please help within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have messd my modem up I wanted to use the unlocked Firmware to try use 1 of the ports ...

potter13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: no tv
      Thanks

I have messd my modem up I wanted to use the unlocked Firmware to try use 1 of the ports direct to xbox.
      Anyway here's my problem. I'm not sure if it's down to me connecting to fibre via phone line to cabinet?

I give as much info as possible

We'll my modem is firmware V100R001C01B028SP10 3B ver
      It's connects to phone socket via DSL cable. Then to the sky hub.

Right I uploaded to unlocked firmware no problem but can not get connection to the internet now the DSL light wil flash then go out for few seconds then flash again.

I have restored to the original firmware supplied with the unlocked firmware to try get my internet back but it's still the same DSL light flash then goes out for few seconds.

I don't no what to do can anyone help or was there something I need to set up ? But I don't understand why it's not working with the locked firmware after restoring.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Openreach hg612 unlock. What have I done wrong please help

I have now got solid green lite on OR modem after leaving it on for a hour but still can't get connection. the router @ sign is off and orange if I turn auto of. Tried resetting router.

Can it time for the router to login ? After messing with modem.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have now fixed the problem thank god was lucky was going to phone sky and we all know that would of took 1-2 months to fix.

What I done when I finally god solid green light on modem. I done a full reset on modem (hold for 10 seconds) and done the same for the router now all back working.

I noticed that I got full downstream and upload
      400000kbps and 100000 before all this they used to always be a few Kbps out. SO I don't know if that fixed anything as I was getting lagging problems will have to test that.

Anyway maybe when i unlocked I had to wait till I got solid green DSL ? Then do 2 full resets to get connection to internet if anyone can com firm I may try to unlock again but don't know if I should risk it.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Give it a couple of days before you try to reflash the modem. Too many disconnects close together will trick DLM into thinking there is a problem and it may reduce your connection speed to compensate. If this happens it can take up to 2 weeks to reach full connection speed again.
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjr View Post
      Give it a couple of days before you try to reflash the modem. Too many disconnects close together will trick DLM into thinking there is a problem and it may reduce your connection speed to compensate. If this happens it can take up to 2 weeks to reach full connection speed again.

yes I will wait a while thanks for reply.
      Do you know if it will make much difference connecting modem straight to xbox? for gaming if it help just a little bit it will be worth it.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potter13 View Post
      yes I will wait a while thanks for reply.
      Do you know if it will make much difference connecting modem straight to xbox? for gaming if it help just a little bit it will be worth it.
      Not worth it imo. you would need to set the modem to router mode to do this I believe. As long UPnP on the hub is opening the Xbox Live ports will be fine.
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It will not work! There is no way you can put the required information into the Xbox. You have no doubt been reading about connecting direct to the modem to give you better play. This will work OK with ADSL where all the logon information is held in the modem. Fibre is different as the modem only logs into the BTO system, the final connection to Sky being made by the details in the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.