Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Problem going from Asus RT-N16 and back to original Sky Sagem F@ST2504 router

This is a discussion on Problem going from Asus RT-N16 and back to original Sky Sagem F@ST2504 router within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys. I live in a shared flat, and for the last year we have been using my Asus RT ...

abandonow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problem going from Asus RT-N16 and back to original Sky Sagem F@ST2504 router

Hi guys.

I live in a shared flat, and for the last year we have been using my Asus RT N-16 router with Tomato to connect to our Sky Fibre. It was a little hassle to set up, but when it was done it worked great. Now I am moving flats, and want to bring my router with me so I want to switch back to the original Sky Sagem F@ST2504 router.

The problem is that it does not seem to be able to connect to Sky/internet.

- I connect the power to the Sky Sagem F@ST2504
      - I plug the RJ-45 cable to one of the yellow ports
      - The wireless function fine, but the router does not connect to the internet.
      - All lights on the modem seems fine.

Should this take some time?

Because I remember when I was testing with my RT N-16 router, and did not get it to work, I just plugged the Sagem one back in and then it worked again.

This is sort of urgent, since I am moving early tomorrow, so any response would be great.

EDIT:
      Nevermind, it started working seconds after I posted here.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Problem going from Asus RT-N16 and back to original Sky Sagem F@ST2504 router

Don't worry.

Essentially is sounds like you needed to let the router resyn to the Sky servers. This can take up to an hour or so.

Do remember when you get you own place that if you take Sky Fibre again the log in details on the new router will need to be used.
      abandonow likes this.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.