Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Nearly unusable evening speeds

This is a discussion on Nearly unusable evening speeds within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We had a visit by a BT openreach engineer today (I think that's right as I wasn't here) he tested ...

iaina is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley - LSBRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Nearly unusable evening speeds

We had a visit by a BT openreach engineer today (I think that's right as I wasn't here) he tested the line and obviously found no fault although seemed to come up with some strange stuff, claimed essentially there isn't an exchange now as its all down to the cabinets. He's passed it to the 'rain' team who I think are radio interference or electrical supply problems. Could be all cr*p for all I know.

I work with someone in Shortlands with exactly the same problem at exactly the same times and that's got to be a couple of miles difference. He's calling to cancel the TV and broadband tomorrow due to not getting calls back etc so that's 120 a month lost to Sky, I pay the same and will be considering the same by the weekend.

We've got a call booked for 18:00 tomorrow night from Sky so I'll see what they say but its making working from home near impossible, its better tonight but I'm getting over 2000ms ping times and can't get any speedtest websites to run so pretty bad.

By the way, thanks for the updates, it sounds like someone at Sky realises there is a problem but it just hasn't been communicated to the others so they don't know anything to tell the customers.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

No problem. Things like this are picked up quickly on this forum because people have their exchange code in their profile. It really does help (hint hint ).

As for the cause of the issue, I do not have that information, but I would suggest that it is not something at your end as it is affecting so many others.

From what is being found out on the Sky forum, the issue is affecting more that just your specific exchange. People connected to a couple of other local exchanges to you are reporting similar issues.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Ok folks, an update to this situation for you all:

Firstly the issue has been confirmed as a congestion issue (i.e. too much traffic).

Sadly though the current date when this will be fixed by is after the August Bank Holiday now. Hopefully normal service should be resumed by Wednesday 28th August, but as with all these things, there is a chance that it could be a little later.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

chingf0rd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Good job I'm not at home this week - the wife is going mad though...

Thanks

I can appreciate her feelings, especially as you are going to be away

I am just hoping that it will be completed and that no further issues are identified.

*Fire blanket the ready*

Thanks

Message from Sky:

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in updating this thread with respect to the Bromley exchange this was relative to a delay in information being received.

We are aware that there is a specific group of Customer’s who are being affected by an issue identified as congestion. Customers who are suffering from slow throughput due to this reason will experience this issue during peak traffic periods.

This root cause of this issue has been definitively identified related to the subscription of our core network and other ISP provisions at individual exchanges. We appreciate that this issue has been on-going for those affected customers for which we apologise. We are committed to ensuring those affected customer’s/affected exchanges are kept updated with progress via our dedicated Status page. We understand from feedback received that the status updates have not in recent instances been communicated effectively or in a timely manner for this we sincerely apologise.

All status updates will now be an accurate portrayal of timelines associated to affected exchanges ensuring that you are kept updated at each stage.

We appreciate your continued patience with respect to the degradation of service received due to this fault and reiterate that your support and key information within this community has been invaluable. We do understand that the lengthy timescales incurred and lack of open communication has caused frustration across those affected Customer groups.

Planned works were scheduled to commence/be completed in the Bromley exchange overnight last night to which, this planned work has been completed. If you continue to experience symptoms of Slow Throughput during key peak periods please do repost so that we may investigate these instances further.

I will continue to offer support and updates on this thread as and when they are received with the assurance that I will take full ownership of any further queries and communications going forward.

Thanks again
      http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Fibre-Br...1288602#M15036

chingf0rd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Seems to have been fixed! At last! Only just gone 9pm but consistent 37Mbps speeds. Next step: compensation for useless speeds for most of August...
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

Make a call during 'normal' office hours and see what can be done. I wouldn't suggest doing it at this time of night.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Was this page ever of any use?
      Broadband and Talk service updates | Sky Customer Support

Did it ever update?

Thanks

Yes and the database is currently out of date for it.

Sky are addressing this issue. We will post some info when they have revised things.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast