Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

sky fibre installation issues

This is a discussion on sky fibre installation issues within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi just joined today can anyone help & give me some advise . i ordered sky fibre on the 9/6/13 ...

black devil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bridgwater
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

sky fibre installation issues

hi just joined today can anyone help & give me some advise . i ordered sky fibre on the 9/6/13 was told installation would be on 24/6/13 only 2 weeks wait , well that day came sub contractor of open reach came kellys communications poor customer service was not interested in where i would like fibre point if possible , it will have to be where it is he said , checked my new router all ok said he had to go to fibre cab on side of road would be 20/30 mins ,hr & 1/2 later came back said you cant have fibre installed picked up his tools & left , i said what do i do now to his reply not my problem call sky so now im left with no phone line or my broadband unlimited . i call sky who say this should not have happened & would look into, it later that day they call back to say there was not enough copper connection in the fibre cab it only had 100 connections & i was 101 & didn't know when they would upgrade cab, this should never of happened, when something gets low you normally reorder ? , & 5 WEEKS down the road from failed install still waiting have contact with sky every few days saying we are talking with open reach & all open reach can say is waiting on update check in a few days , i am now losing my patients having no broadband whats so ever only on a dongle sky sent out with 2gb of data my kids are going mad as with me we have xbox, world of tanks , moshi accounts etc all which are wasting away as cant use, cant use our mobile for internet on wifi & have used our data up quickly .what can i do to get open reach & sky to get things resolved asap thanks
      Last edited by Isitme; 02-08-13 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Removed unecessary link.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: sky fibre installation issues

hi can anyone tell me who is the next in line after Executive Support Team to contact as my issue is still on going & all i seem to get is openreach is waiting on an update this is happening week after week , open reach seem to be in no rush to update fibre cabinet , rumors of another few weeks . im going mad already been 6 weeks without any broadband apart from a very slow dongle

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You can't go higher than the Executive team, they are as high as you can go.

Were you originally on ADSL and it was disconnected to connect the fibre? If so it should not have been difficult to restore your connection. If you were on Sky ADSL ask why you have not been connected until Fibre becomes available. If you were not on ADSL ask if you can be connected to it asap. Waiting on a cab being upgraded is not on, it could take months if not years. BTO are only interested in making new cabs available, upgrading existing ones will be very low priority.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

thanks for reply , im on everything sky adsl phone , bb, they turned this off for fibre upgrade installations which failed & never turned it back on again , i have asked for it to be turned back on this has not happened have asked why but never seem to get a straight answer so dont know why ? the fibre cab is brand new only few months old they ran out of connections which is why i got failed install why sell a service if you cant provide , openreach's answer to problem was it will take a few weeks to complete due to congestion in the underground duct network. so who knows when
      Last edited by black devil; 09-08-13 at 05:23 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Have you been in touch with the Executive team? If not get in touch via jeremy.darrochatbskyb,com.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i have been in touch with executive team & even they are slow at replying now

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I would say that your complaint is a serious one deserving of EST attention. But the problem is that it now seems to be commonly suggested to contact the EST for the most trivial of issues that they are probably getting flooded with traffic.
      black devil likes this.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

hi speedyrite i would say my complaint is a serious one at first all seemed fine sky's fibre team said it should not have happened we will sort it, time goes by still no results only answer i get is waiting on update from open reach so i get EST involved at first they say this should not have happened same story we have a higher authority to find out whats going on but even they are not letting me know i seem to have to contact them . openreach seem to be in control & fob sky off with excusses saying waiting on up date & so on , when i contacted openreach they said it could be another 2 weeks oh great !!! , so from order date im up to 8 WEEKS & still waiting

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Does your telephone number appear on BT's Broadband Availability Checker website: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome. If It does I would try placing a broadband order with a competitor. Even if you are in contract with Sky I cannot see them holding you to a contract for a service that they are unable to provide.

Thanks

my phone number does not appear on bt's b/b checker my line is with sky , thought about trying someone else but if the fibre cabinet needs more connections added i would proberly have the same problem who ever i went with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast