Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

No Smiley Face- all checks normal.

This is a discussion on No Smiley Face- all checks normal. within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I wonder if anyone else had a similar problem like mine. We had Sky Fibreoptic broadband installed recently. After the ...

rrvnd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I wonder if anyone else had a similar problem like mine. We had Sky Fibreoptic broadband installed recently. After the engineer's visit we were told the internet should be working within 2 hours and it has not. After several line checks,the usual plug in- plug out troubleshoots and even after trying a new hub, we haven't had any joy. Sky says the final line checks are clear, even though initial checks showed problems with copper wire in the telephone line. We ran another troubleshoot and line check drill this morning with no joy. I have been asked to ring sky later in the evening to see if they can help. It is frustrating not to have internet for so long particularly with the nature of my job. Is this a known problem? Has anyone had similar problem and been solved? I am curious and anxious to know as this is affecting work and we have run out of our data usage on the mobile as well.

2. Advertisement
      jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: No Smiley Face- all checks normal.

When my fibre was installed the BTO engineer thoroughly tested that everything was working as it should before he left.

The fact your installer left without getting it working suggests he might have been a contractor who has screwed up the work they have to do at the cab. As he was under pressure to complete other jobs he has probably made up the lame "working in 2 hour" excuse so he could leave.

Phone Sky and insist on another visit from BTO.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

The installer should not of left you without the Internet.

This is the first I have heard that someone hasn't had a live connection after the install.

I would keep on sky's case and insist they speak to BT as Jrfer has said.
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Exchange:
      Thanks

Many thanks for your suggestions. I found that strange too but my wife did not know the procedure.

Exchange:
      Thanks

An update. We went through the same Sky drill again. When I asked about the engineer they said the engineers don't normally wait as it could take up to 4 hours for the connection to be established. They have apparently escalated this to a "higher level team" who will contact me within 72 hours!. I pushed them hard and got them to accept they will call me later today. Not a good start with Sky at all!

jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

I never heard that before.

Anyone else have to wait 4 hours after the BTO engineer left before their SFU started to work?

a_c_harris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

No, when the BT engineer came to install the fibre, he did the work in the house which included the master socket change, putting the fibre modem on the wall, etc took about 25 mins. He then said I got to go down to the cabinet to switch it over.

He was gone about 15 mins, I seen the light go steady green, he came back checked with his machine if it synced OK, speed, etc. I checked my PC and connection worked great. Well happy. Never heard of that before to be honest with anyone I know who had Fibre installed.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've been on the phone to Sky again. They have finally agreed to send an "investigative engineer" who would have no information other than the fact that there is no internet. Sky says us not to give any information before he finishes all checks. Sounds very Sherlockish!. They are coming tomorrow. I'll keep the forum posted.
      On another note, when I queried about the engineer again, I got the same reply that they may have other jobs to go to and the connection can take up to 4 hours.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

BT are across road from here (work) i asked the engineer who did my fibre they have to do four jobs a day, there vans will start coming back soon as once they are done they are finished for day the jammy gits

Sent from my iPhone 5

Steele11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Halfway
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: sky Q hub
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rrvnd View Post
      I've been on the phone to Sky again. They have finally agreed to send an "investigative engineer" who would have no information other than the fact that there is no internet. Sky says us not to give any information before he finishes all checks. Sounds very Sherlockish!. They are coming tomorrow. I'll keep the forum posted.
      On another note, when I queried about the engineer again, I got the same reply that they may have other jobs to go to and the connection can take up to 4 hours.

BT open reach might not even have an appointment for you This happened to me because there when I you get him at the day early and I was like all I'm just going out Sure be aware of that there is no charge has he will come back to you

Some Bt engineers have appointment And some don't It sounds like he might have not got an engineer what's has an appointment Schedule

as i had Engineer Investigate at BT open reach Several faults in the flat At poll and Exchange .Fingers crossed engineer will call you before visiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast