Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Fibre Pro performance issues

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Pro performance issues within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; With all these variables, it was a little bit easier in the days of fixed 2Mbps broadband and the modem ...

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Pro performance issues

With all these variables, it was a little bit easier in the days of fixed 2Mbps broadband and the modem connected directly to the computer!

2. Advertisement
      paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mnavarra View Post
      Have had Sky Fibre Pro for 2 weeks now and am told both by engineer who installed, Sky Cust Serv and the fact that the router is synced at 80000down 20000up that i should be getting pretty top end speeds. I know via wireless i can expect a drop of in speed, but how much of a drop off is normal.

Here is my most recent speedtest results on wireless connection, when located a few metres from the router using my Macbook Pro. I notice i get really big issues using Skype now in terms of call quality.

Attachment 4343
      If you get a good router you will get much higher wireless speed. You cant go wrong with an Apple Extreme however there is rumour that a new version is coming out soon.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I am not familiar with Macbook Pro, but many new laptops are still being supplied with adaptors that support 65mbps or 72mbps (150mbps on a dual channel). You really need an adaptor that supports 300mbps on a dual channel as I'm not sure that there are any which support 144mbps on a single channel.

Depends on the generation and Model but the recent ones are either a 2x2:2 A/G/N card or a 3x3:3 A/G/N card.

See http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...ap-router.html for what I managed with a 2011 Macbook air (2x2:2 A/G/N broadcom card) and a cheapo Tenda Router being used an AP only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12