Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How long approx for fibre change over

This is a discussion on How long approx for fibre change over within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how long the change from BB unlimited to ...

a_c_harris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How long approx for fibre change over

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how long the change from BB unlimited to Fibre unlimited takes please?? I am upgrading to fibre, so I have ordered Sky Talk as well as it is part of the process to get Fibre and plus the deal will work out cheaper for phone calls.

I tried to put the order through Sunday, but the system was down and I have to call back Tuesday. Just wondering what the turn around is, as the sky website and BT infinity says I can get Fibre now, which according to BT in 29 Mb Download nearly 6 Mb Upload, and sky says about 29 Mb Download only.

Also will an engineer need to come to install fibre and if so I am guessing that it will be an openreach engineer. Any advice on the upgrade process it appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Re: How long approx for fibre change over

The period actually specifically depends upon the availability of an Openreach Engineer as one will be required to do several things.

When you place the order this will all be arranged. You should have a choice between an AM or PM appointment, although the first available date will be suggested for you.

How long you actually have to wait is variable at the moment. It could be 2-6 weeks.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.