Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Dial Tone ! Fibre was installed yesterday

This is a discussion on No Dial Tone ! Fibre was installed yesterday within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm not happy with BT /Sky right now as I currently have no phone line. I had a engineer install ...

kopper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNUPK
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

No Dial Tone ! Fibre was installed yesterday

I'm not happy with BT/Sky right now as I currently have no phone line.

I had a engineer install Fibre yesterday and all went OK with the BB. I forgot to test the phone line while he was here and didnt make any calls yesterday and only realised today when trying to make a call.

When I contacted SKY they confirm there is a fault with the line and it appears that the Openreach engineer may have disconnected something at the cabinet whilst enabling the Fibre. I'm furious because Sky say they cannot do anything other than put in a fault request with Openreach which can take UPTO 3 WORKING DAYS to resolve! Considering today is Friday it will mean I will be without a phone line until at least Tuesday !

If I lived alone it would not have been an issue because I can survive with my mobile but I live with my parents who are pensioners and they rely on a land line.

Any ideas on how to escalate this with Sky or Openreach to get this resolved any sooner?

Thanks !

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: No Dial Tone ! Fibre was installed yesterday

Most faults are resolved within 48 hours and that's including weekends. There's no way to speed that up - it's Openreach's responsibility and all Sky can do as a Communications Provider is to raise the fault with OR.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to User05 For This Useful Post:

kopper (26-04-13)