Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Fibre Pro

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Pro within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ive just recently joined Plusnet, and got my fibre hooked up yesterday, i currently pay £9.99 month for fibre unlimited ...

markm9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: SKY fibre max
      Router: Sky Q hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Pro

Ive just recently joined Plusnet, and got my fibre hooked up yesterday, i currently pay £9.99 month for fibre unlimited speeds up to 76mbps, and also anytime calls £4.00, this is of course discounted by £10 month, so i will be paying £23.99 once this finishes in 6 months, i also paid line rental up front, the move across was seamless, yes this is on an 18 month contract, but i think this is good value, as i stated in an earlier post, i also went through cashback site and received £70.70 cashback.

As for my speed it has gone from 3mbps (down), and 500kbps (up), up to at present 37mbps (down), and 9mbps (up), when my line is reprofiled on Mon. i should receive approx 60mbps (down), and 14mbps (up).

Sky could only offer me SFU pro £30 month, unlimited calls for £5, had sky matched this i would have stayed with them
      speedyrite and stereohaven like this.
      [URL=http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4411733501]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markm9 For This Useful Post:

Johnelf (07-04-13),speedyrite (27-01-13)

3. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The problem with up front line rental and an 18 month contract is you either pay full price line rental for the last 6 months or effectively be tied in to a 24 month contract.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

@markm9:

I'm researching the procedure involved in moving from Sky (Full MPF
      LLU) to another provider (such as PlusNet but also any others) in order to write an article for the re-launch of my blog. I'm looking for real life customer experiences of such a move to illustrate the process, so I'd be interested in your comments (how well it went overall, the timescales from ordering to go live, any downtime etc). You can post publicly on here in reply to this or send me a PM if preferred.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

Hi Speedyrite,

I signed up on the 14th Jan, online with PN, i had a couple of questions to ask with regards phone line so i phoned them direct( 0800), after signing up late on the 14th Jan, i received a phone call, and text next morning (15th Jan) informing me of when my install date would be, at time of signing up i was given 3 dates and times i would prefer for my installation, Wed. 16th i received my router, and from then eagerly awaited my install date which was the 25th Jan., engineer turned up bright and early on the 25th to install my fibre connection, the migrate across from sky was seamless,with only downtime being 20-30 mins in total, since then ive had no issues with a steady constant speed of approx 37 mbps (down),and 9mbps (up) early days i know, although my line was initially profiled on 40/10, PN are reprofiling my line tomorrow, to increase speed up to approx. 60mbps (down), and 14 mbps (up), i was with sky on adsl before this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to markm9 For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (28-01-13)

robnobleuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01278
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

I don't suppose anyone knows of any offers/possible pricing changes for current Sky LLU customers wanting to upgrade to Fibre? I've just by chanced noticed today my exchange is accepting orders, the cabinet is around the corner so speeds predicted of the full 80. I can't also see an easy upgrade option for fibre on my Sky account, however if I do an address search it'll indicate that fibre is available?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Check out post #86 in this thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...tml#post407618

It has all the current links to see if Fibre is available for you. If it is available from sky, then the on-line checker will currently show you as being able to get 40mb. If you want SFUP then you will need to telephone Sky to place the order.

Beyond getting the £50 Installation fee waived, sadly there aren't any deal on Sky fibre at this stage. We all live in hope that Sky will reduce their pricing and also start introducing FTTP products, but sadly for now no news.

Current prices:

• SFU (up to 40mb d/l, 10mb u/l) - £20 per month
      • SFUP (up to 80mb d/l, 20mb u/l) - £30 per month (currently the order can only be placed by telephoning Sky)
      • Sky Talk & Line Rental - £14.50 per month (if you pay 12 months in advance you can get this effectively reduced)
      • Sky Talk Unlimited - £5 (optional)

Note: Ofcom has specific rules on the 'up to' speeds now for advertisers. I'm not advertising the product and the speeds quoted don't match their requirements. These are in-line with the previous requirements (i.e. the most someone can ever get, but not everyone). Actual connection speeds can vary and will drop the longer a line is from the Fibre/Street Cabinet. They can also drop as a cabinet becomes more populated with other FTTC customers. Sky have their full terms and conditions on their web site for each of the above products.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Johnelf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ewell
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Home Hub 4
      Thanks

Just been on the Plusnet Site
      It is £10 for fibre for the first six months, then £20.
      Talk unlimited is £4 compared to sky £5
      Line rental£13.99 but I fully accept £1 to add on for caller id
      As I would benefit from the full speed, I am sorely tempted to jump ship
      as mentioned, I could also use my own router, which is also a major advantage, but been happy with the sky service to date.
      But, will sky let me transfer my existing number over, they have been difficult with this in the past.

Thanks

Hi Johnelf, when i moved over to PN, i asked if i could keep my exisiting number at time of sign up, wasnt an issue for me, as for the service i receive from PN, this is excellent, and is good value for money, i paid line rental up front, approx £125, and received 6 month discount on fibre like yourself, try one of the cashback sites, topcashback are currently offering £38.38 cashback if you sign up through them!!
      Last edited by markm9; 07-04-13 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks

Cheers Mark
      yes quidco are doing the same deal
      so basically I would get equivalent to sky pro for £10 pm for 6 months, then the same as I am currently paying. Plus cash back which reduces the price further. And use own router unheeded
      i will phone sky in the morning to get my anniversary date and see if they can do anything. Otherwise I'm off to PN.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      @markm9:

I'm researching the procedure involved in moving from Sky (Full MPF
      LLU) to another provider (such as PlusNet but also any others) in order to write an article for the re-launch of my blog. I'm looking for real life customer experiences of such a move to illustrate the process, so I'd be interested in your comments (how well it went overall, the timescales from ordering to go live, any downtime etc). You can post publicly on here in reply to this or send me a PM if preferred.
      Just to update you, I ordered online via quidco on the 8th. They have a two day back log for online orders, so quicker if you phone as its done immediate. So suggestion would be do online via quidco to get cash back then phone immediately once you have a customer name etc. My go live is 24th. The phone support is very helpful and amusingly both I have spoken to are very Yorkshire lol

The forums are also very good as they are constantly browsed and answered by their customer services assistants. Take a look
      There is also no issue taking your existing number from Sky, even if you are already on Sky Fttc.
      Will update when it's all done. The only annoying thing about PN is the TV adverts !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast