Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who to contact about inaccurate Openreach super fast fibre map

This is a discussion on Who to contact about inaccurate Openreach super fast fibre map within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry a bit off topic. Hope this is the right place for this. Does anyone know who or how the ...

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Who to contact about inaccurate Openreach super fast fibre map

Sorry a bit off topic. Hope this is the right place for this.

Does anyone know who or how the best way to contact BT Openreach about an error on their superfast fibre broadband roll out map?

Openreach - Superfast fibre broadband - Where and when

My exchange (Earby, LCEAR) drop-pin on the above map is in completely the wrong location (it's even in the wrong town, about 4 miles away from where it should be, in Colne!!).

I couldn't understand why this exchange is not showing until I zoomed out and scrolled down. I noticed Colne was showing as having 2 drop-pins which was I thought was odd. When you click of one of them, it is actually the Earby exchange.

I just hope when BT do start upgrading my exchange (sometime this year according to the map), they do actually know where the exchange is!!

I've tried tweeting them and using their online 'contact us' page but nothing!!

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Who to contact about inaccurate Openreach super fast fibre map

It sound like the link between the Postcode database and the maps needs to be fixed.

Is there a "webmaster" email address available on their website?

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

You Could try nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk no idea if they can help get the data corrected, I know someone on another forum I visit reported that they did give him some information on when his delayed cabinet could be expected to be activated.

They do sometimes get a bit swamped though so don't be surprised if they take a couple weeks to reply

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I filled in the online form last week and did get an email auto response, so I'll give it a another week or so and then see what happens.

Also have to wait and see if we do actually get fibre here this year.

I was seeing who would win the race here, (fibre or 4G/LTE) looks like 4G could win as that's only a few miles away already.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      Thanks for the replies. I filled in the online form last week and did get an email auto response, so I'll give it a another week or so and then see what happens.

Also have to wait and see if we do actually get fibre here this year.

I was seeing who would win the race here, (fibre or 4G/LTE) looks like 4G could win as that's only a few miles away already.
      LTE is useless in it's current form, the only provider offering it are EE at the moment and they're not pushing it anything near what it's capable of, Probably not be any faster than your current ADSL on the downstream and have such a stifling cap that it would be unusable.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Not wanting to take this off topic, actually EE4G (and 3G) is faster than my current Sky speeds:

I measured both last week in an area where 4G has been rolled out near here:
      Sky = ~17mbps down ~1mbps up
      4GEE = ~26mbps down 22mbps up on my 4th iPad (with 5gb monthly data allowance which is more than enough for my needs here)
      EE3G (T-Mobile) = 21mbps down 4mbps up on my iPhone 5

and this is in an area where a certain other mobile provider starting with V cannot/will not even provide 3G yet!
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 19-01-13 at 03:05 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      Not wanting to take this off topic, actually EE4G (and 3G) is faster than my current Sky speeds:

I measured both last week in an area where 4G has been rolled out near here:
      Sky = ~17mbps down ~1mbps up
      4GEE = ~26mbps down 22mbps up on my 4th iPad (with 5gb monthly data allowance which is more than enough for my needs here)
      EE3G (T-Mobile) = 21mbps down 4mbps up on my iPhone 5

and this is in an area where a certain other mobile provider starting with V cannot/will not even provide 3G yet!

Thsts a nice speed from EE3G, I've had about 8Mbit/s from them on my iphone 4s but then again that doesn't support DC-HSPA which I believe they're rolling out (Dual Cell HSPA)

For me the speed boost on 4G if I was even in a 4G area isn't worthwhile (I'm on T-mobiles Full Monty tarrif, and mine's one of the original ones that allowed tethering)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Actual mobile connection speeds will vary in different areas, so it is nice to see you both getting good results.

I do have a quick question though...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2611 View Post
      For me the speed boost on 4G if I was even in a 4G area isn't worthwhile (I'm on T-mobiles Full Monty tarrif, and mine's one of the original ones that allowed tethering)
      I've just been helping a friend who signed up to T-Mobile last weekend with her phone. She also signed up to the ;Fully Monty' package. I have set it up so that she can tether her Netbook to the phone.

I understand from what was said in the shop that they would pick her up for this if the Netbook was doing too much. She is likely to want to use it to stream TV content via Sky Go, BBC iPlayer and TVCatchup when she is away from home. Are there any known reports of T-Mobile being heavy handed in this respect?

The phone itself can also be used for Sky Go, BBC iPlayer, TV Catchup, ITV Player, YouTube and more.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Brand new Full Monty tariffs (from Sept 2012) onwards are now not supposed to including tethering at all. SIM only Full Monty never has included tethering. Full Monty tariffs ordered before Sept 2012 should still allow tethering though at no extra charge.

I'm on SIM only with the 'Extra Internet' booster which does allow and include tethering in my 1.5Gb monthly data allowance.

Also T-Mobile are currently imposing 3G speed caps (again) on ALL Full Monty tariffs (max 4mbps down and 2mbps up). This only started last week but users are reporting they are seeing this already. It's rolling out in stages across the UK. No other tariff is effected by this speed cap. There's a thread about this on the digitalspy forums.

T-Mobile used to always speed cap all their tariffs (3.8mpbs down and 1.5mbps up) but since the network switch-over to EE3G last year, these 3G speed caps where removed.

All 4GEE handset tariffs do including tethering with 4GEE mobile broadband tariffs getting the tethering add-on in Feb (for iPad & tablet users)

4GEE and Orange users are reportedly also getting iPhone visual voicemail from Monday next week (free for all 4GEE users and Orange users on a 36+ tariff) . T-Mobile iPhone users will have to wait a few months yet though as they all need to be migrated onto the more modern Orange voicemail platform first.
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 19-01-13 at 04:46 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James_Mitchell For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (19-01-13)

Exchange:
      Thanks

No Idea what they'll do, might be worth checking out the T-mobile forums, I suspect my Phone usage is actually higher than my tethering usage as I've been known to sync playlists whist driving. (Obviously I don't Actually setup the playlists when driving, I'll do that when stopped at a services, usually as long as the first couple of tracks have cached the 3G coverage along the motorway is good enough for it to pickup the rest in the background)

On iPhones they can definitely tell you are Tethering as the phone checks with the network to see if it's allowed, I suspect it also uses a different APN, Before they rebranded as EE I used to have to jailbreak my phone to Tether properly as it didn't used to work when the phone roamed onto an orange mast.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2611 For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (19-01-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast