Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

problems thismorning

This is a discussion on problems thismorning within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; anyone know of any issues? got disconnected a hour ago.. and my router noted some issue with the connectivity between ...

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

problems thismorning

anyone know of any issues? got disconnected a hour ago.. and my router noted some issue with the connectivity between it and the phone socket.

it disconnected for maybe 15mins then came back for 5, then said it was connected but wouldnt transfer any data.. ended up clicking disconnect and reconnect on the diagnostics page to finally get connectivity back.

am in the Hereford area so was just wondering if there were any issues or maintenance planned that l could put the issues down to.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: problems thismorning

I'm in Worcestershire. No known issues or planned maintenance that I am aware of. I think they are making network changes again for fibre users (maybe still trying to fix the mysterious "half-speed" issue that some folks have had for quite a while now?)

I noticed a short period of downtime yesterday afternoon about 4pm, following which the lease renewal period changed from 3600 (about every 30 mins) to 600 (about every 5 mins).

This morning, the log shows another short period of downtime about 4am, following which the lease renewal period has changed back to 3600.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: problems thismorning

that was around the time l had some issues.. like l said the first time it showed complete sync loss on the fibre routers stats so went and checked the BT modem and all lights still seemed to be the same.. so l rebooted sync came back. tho it stayed disconnected for a short period..

shortly after again the connection stalled this time no sync loss so clicked disconnect then reconnected.. however l did notice in the logs that it said something about a lease renew request failing but lm connected again now, going to drop sky a line and just check on things.. cant hurt to find out.