Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving home: fibre and Sky Talk

This is a discussion on Moving home: fibre and Sky Talk within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've just requested to move all my Sky services to my new home, which has a phone socket but ...

mailliw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WRPGRN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Asus RT-N66U w/Tomato 1.28
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Moving home: fibre and Sky Talk

Hi,

I've just requested to move all my Sky services to my new home, which has a phone socket but I've no idea if it's working or not. Rental property so it probably is. It's an old-style BT socket, so, certainly not fibre. Assuming the socket is alive, and the property supports fibre (it's the same exchange as I'm currently on, so, it should), will Sky arrange to have a proper fibre socket installed at the property or do I have to do anything?

And in other people's experience, when do Sky generally get things moving? I move in on the 26th and told them as such, but my experience of moving services when moving house has never been great.

Thanks

Will

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Re: Moving home: fibre and Sky Talk

Someone should be in touch with you either way to let you know what is happening.

BTO will have to change the telephone socket, for which they will need access to the property, to an NTE5 Master Socket when the Fibre is connected up.

If you want to check availability, why not use the BT Infinity web page? I do frequently to check areas for fibre.

Superfast Broadband – Get Fibre Optic Broadband with BT Infinity

Scroll down to the 'Can I get BT Infinity' and click the link. Next select 'I'm not with BT' and type in the house number, or name or name of the block of flats. After that type in the Post Code on the 2nd line as required.

Click 'Check now' and it should ask you to confirm the address. Do so and the final page should give you an indication of the Fibre speed if it is available. If Fibre isn't available (i.e. the Green Street box hasn't been upgraded) it will indicate this too.

If Sky can't supply SFU or SFUP, then they will offer you Sky Broadband Unlimited, provided that you are in an area with Sky's LLU kit.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

mailliw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WRPGRN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Asus RT-N66U w/Tomato 1.28
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Moving home: fibre and Sky Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Someone should be in touch with you either way to let you know what is happening.

[...]

If Sky can't supply SFU or SFUP, then they will offer you Sky Broadband Unlimited, provided that you are in an area with Sky's LLU kit.
      OK, thanks. Guess I need to speak to Sky and ensure they order Fibre.

Thanks Scubbie

Will