Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slowed speed after powercut

This is a discussion on Slowed speed after powercut within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So we had a power cut yesterday and after the power cut my download speed pretty much halved however my ...

Willdobbo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dinnington
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Slowed speed after powercut

So we had a power cut yesterday and after the power cut my download speed pretty much halved however my upload speed stayed the same. The sky hub is still saying that im getting 40000 down and 10000 up. Any help?

2. Advertisement
      Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Slowed speed after powercut

Quote Originally Posted by Willdobbo View Post
      So we had a power cut yesterday and after the power cut my download speed pretty much halved however my upload speed stayed the same. The sky hub is still saying that im getting 40000 down and 10000 up. Any help?
      Sounds like DLM has kicked in as it thinks that the power cut is a line fault. If you reboot the router it will pick up the new lower sync speed that is probably being sent out from the BT modem. I live in a village that gets lots of power cuts and mostly they do not affect the sync speeds but I had an instance exactly the same as you happen a few months ago, it took about 3 days for it to get back to "normal". The router dos not need to be rebooted in order to benefit from the increased speeds that the modem out puts BUT it will not show the "new" sync speeds until it is rebooted. There is no problem with rebooting the Sky router it is just the BT modem that is best left on 24/7.

Willdobbo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dinnington
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Slowed speed after powercut

I seems like my speed has gone back up now But thanks for the reply helped a lot