Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrade to fibre, sky talk first?

This is a discussion on Upgrade to fibre, sky talk first? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, my exchange has been enabled for a few months but my cab only went live on Friday for fibre. ...

gazter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carlisle
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Upgrade to fibre, sky talk first?

Hi, my exchange has been enabled for a few months but my cab only went live on Friday for fibre. Showing up on BT infinity and sky fibre checkers.

I am an existing sky broadband customer with sky calls, but BT manage my line. As part of the ordering process as we all know sky insist on taking over the line rental as well.

Fine, no real problem. Question though. Following my order, the only emails I have had are for dates to transfer my line to sky (17th dec). Do sky sit on the fibre order until the line rental changes have gone through or are they processed simultaneously ?

2. Advertisement
      Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Upgrade to fibre, sky talk first?

Quote Originally Posted by gazter View Post
      Hi, my exchange has been enabled for a few months but my cab only went live on Friday for fibre. Showing up on BT infinity and sky fibre checkers.

I am an existing sky broadband customer with sky calls, but BT manage my line. As part of the ordering process as we all know sky insist on taking over the line rental as well.

Fine, no real problem. Question though. Following my order, the only emails I have had are for dates to transfer my line to sky (17th dec). Do sky sit on the fibre order until the line rental changes have gone through or are they processed simultaneously ?
      I had a BT line and phone calls and had Sky ADSL Broadband. When i ordered sky Fibre in June and the sky phone line /call package {that is now a condition of having fibre} what happened was that my BT phone line was switched over to sky on a Wednesday {this happened seamlessly with no problems and i retained my existing BT number which i had requested to do so} The next day Open reach came and installed the Fibre connection/modem and that was that all sorted !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skycarp For This Useful Post:

gazter (02-12-12)

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

As you are aware installing fibre will require an OpenReach (BTOR) visit. Due to the recent bad weather BTOR have not been able to meet their usual timescales in the north east area. I would wait until midweek and if you haven't heard anything by then give Sky a call to check whether a date has been appointed for the engineers visit.

itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

What happened with me was we needed to order the Sky Phoneline first. Wait for it to be installed and then get back in contact with SKY to order the Fibre service.

audioslim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Failsworth
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I've just moved phone and line rental to sky and had Fibre installed.

It all switched over/had fibre install on the same day. The phone line wasnt working until around 6pm but the fibre install went fine without it anyway.