Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Second router in garden

This is a discussion on Second router in garden within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After doing that did you delete the remebered connections aka starting fresh again? S...

audioslim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Failsworth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Second router in garden

After doing that did you delete the remebered connections aka starting fresh again?

S

2. Advertisement
      jamie21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yup I was still able to connect to the second router when I changed it's name, although connectivity would sometimes take a while, so I changed it back. Also when I changed the name on the second router, the phone apps would still work when my phone was connected to it. So I guess the SSID of the router didn't make a difference, either way the phone apps only work when connected to the second router and refuse to work when connected to the main router.

I did delete the remembered connections and start fresh, restarted everything too. Can't figure this one out!

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Have you tried switching off your 2nd router and checking again whether your apps will connect to your PC using the main (in house) router?

If that works switch your garden router on but disable the wi-fi and try again. If one config works and the other doesn't check if there are any differences in allocated IPs between both configurations.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Have you tried switching off your 2nd router and checking again whether your apps will connect to your PC using the main (in house) router?

If that works switch your garden router on but disable the wi-fi and try again. If one config works and the other doesn't check if there are any differences in allocated IPs between both configurations.
      Ok so the only way I get my phone apps to work now is by disconnecting the second router (by pulling out the ethernet cable on the main router which connects to it) - and then restarting the main router. This is quite inconvenient for me but I've tried disabling wifi in the second router as you said with no luck.

Importantly (I think - but hoping someone can shed more light), when the second router is on in the garden den the phone apps work in the den. So it seems the apps will only work through the wifi on one of the routers, with the second router taking preference?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Ok just trying to get this clear in my own mind and for anyone else who may be able to help. With 2nd (garden) router connected but wi-fi disabled your phone cannot pick up a wi-fi signal even after power cycling the main router. In this configuration can your phone see your router's SSID?

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Ok just trying to get this clear in my own mind and for anyone else who may be able to help. With 2nd (garden) router connected but wi-fi disabled your phone cannot pick up a wi-fi signal even after power cycling the main router. In this configuration can your phone see your router's SSID?
      Sorry I wasn't clear - with second router connected but wifi disabled (or enabled, doesn't seem to make a difference), my phone does pick up a wifi signal but it's just the connectivity apps I use with my PC that don't work (VLC remote app, remote desktop app, remote mouse app). Everything else works fine on my phone it's just the apps which don't connect

And the only way to get them working again is to disconnect the garden router and restart the main router

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123