Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By JPL

SR101 still not dispatched - how long to wait?

This is a discussion on SR101 still not dispatched - how long to wait? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When I ordered an upgrade to Sky Fibre, the emails said "Your new Sky Hub will be dispatched in around ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

SR101 still not dispatched - how long to wait?

When I ordered an upgrade to Sky Fibre, the emails said "Your new Sky Hub will be dispatched in around 3-5 days via Royal Mail".

After 12 business days (and with only 4 business days before installation), Track My Order is still showing "Your equipment will be dispatched shortly", as it did at the start.

Last week I filled in a form on the Sky Help & Support web pages asking if there was a problem. They sent an acknowledgement email that said they "aim to provide you with a personal reply within 24 hours". Well, their aim is not so good - the reply has yet to arrive.

Should I postpone installation until I know the SR101 will be available?

How long should I wait before phoning Sky to ask what is going on?

I do not like it when an organisation makes a great show of its targets but then completely ignores them and does not bother to provide an update when it fails to meet the target.

It would be really helpful if Track My Order updated to show likely delivery date. Sky did not have to quote 3-5 days (15 days would have been fine), but on failing to meet that self-imposed target should have provided an update without my having to ask them.
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      JPL
      Thanks

Re: SR101 still not dispatched - how long to wait?

What a successful posting! Within minutes the order tracking had been updated to "Your equipment has been dispatched and should be delivered within 3-5 working days from: 06/11/2012". Let's hope that delivery is in the early part of that range, as installation is scheduled for the morning of day 4.

But the points in the last two paragraphs stand.
      JPL

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

At least it is on its way now. I doubt it was due to your post on this unofficial forum though.

In most cases the routers arrive a few days before the installation date. In this instance it is likely to arrive either the day before on on the day. I hope that the rest of the installation goes well.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

JPL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I doubt it was due to your post on this unofficial forum though.
      I was only joking. In fact the Parcelforce tracking said it had already been dispatched the day before. But it was strange timing that Sky tracking said the SR101 had not been sent when I made a final check a few seconds before I pressed the Submit button on the post, but when I refreshed the tracking page before logging out just a couple of minutes later it had been updated to say that the hub had been dispatched.

And the SR101 was delivered this morning.

Incidentally the Sky wording in their notification email is very poor: "You can track your order at MySky with your username, password and Parcelforce tracking number, which is xxxxx." You use the Parcelforce tracking number on the Parcelforce website, of course.
      Scubbie likes this.
      JPL