Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fibre still not working properly

This is a discussion on Fibre still not working properly within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HI i had fibre installed on 15 oct ive had that many faults on line had openreach out 3 times ...

plec67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Fibre still not working properly

HI i had fibre installed on 15 oct ive had that many faults on line had openreach out 3 times so far got a message yesterday at 4.36pm to say its all fixed and then at 6.33pm get not dsl light on openreach box so ring up fibre team to see whats happening and then get told they cant do anything as thier system went down around 1 we were told that we will get a phone call my other half asked for fiber ill let him have it now after all the problems i thinking off just getting rid of all including phonr and tv if this is not sorted out nothing but problems getting sick of it now

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Fibre still not working properly

Apparently some of Sky's systems have been down since yesterday.

I don't know if they are back up yet, but I would be inclined to call them and chase this up. If necessary leave a contact number.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

thanks scubbie been on phone and got to talk to someone and got told there is another fault on line this is the 4th one its getting beyond a joke the 2nd openreach guy told me whats really up but they cant do it till sky asks but sky keep saying that not problem

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

I know that this is really annoying, but please remember that line faults are not caused by Sky.

It is the responsibility of BTO to get them fixed as no one else is allowed to touch the BTO infrastructure.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

the 2nd openreach guy told me whats really up but they cant do it till sky asks but sky keep saying that not problem
      Its the old BTO v Sky thing. Anything certain BTO individuals can do to bring down Sky they will. Connect customers have been experiencing it for years. It was inevitable the attitude would carry over to fibre where BTO are responsible for most of the maintenance.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi just a update been on to fiber team they have done a new line test and we can only get 24.5 now and looking at there records something has gone wrong as before we could get 33 line att is 18.5 at first they said it could be enviromental but that now changed got openreach on friday to see whats up

Exchange:
      Thanks

and that they are trialing fttp so hopefully we all can get it

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Its the old BTO v Sky thing. Anything certain BTO individuals can do to bring down Sky they will. Connect customers have been experiencing it for years. It was inevitable the attitude would carry over to fibre where BTO are responsible for most of the maintenance.
      I don't see the relevance of Connect here?

In the Case of ADSL BTO are responsible for the copper pair right up-to the exchange equipment and no further. It makes little difference to them as to if it's an LLU providers kit or BTwholesale

In the case of FTTC BTO are responsible for the copper pair but also the FTTC kit up until the point it hands of either to BTW or the LLU provider via GEA.

It's also possible that the BTO engineer does indeed know the problem and is telling the truth when he says he can't fix it unless the ISP asks in which case all they can really do is put it on the job notes.

Silly I know but it really does get like that due to demarcation points and who owns what, I've known cases where engineers have been perfectly capable of fixing a fault had the right tools and could have easily done it, but because it's someone elses kit if they were caught doing so it would be considered gross misconduct and they'd likely get fired