Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree3Likes

Sky SR101 - how do i calculate my password to use on third party router

This is a discussion on Sky SR101 - how do i calculate my password to use on third party router within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie I don't think that the development of the Sky Hub SR101 has finished though. The Beta ...

puppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky SR101 - how do i calculate my password to use on third party router

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I don't think that the development of the Sky Hub SR101 has finished though. The Beta group is still active and that is all I can say for now.
      I'd love to see the ability to broadcast simultaneous networks/SSIDs being incorporated into the Hub in a future firmware update. Not sure if that would be possible or not. It was a real bonus when using my old Netgear that I could have one network/SSID for my wife and I to use which was on permanently, then another network/SSID set up for the kids set up on a schedule, which stopped them sitting up all night faffing with phones and iTouches etc.

2. Advertisement
      lixxus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You get what you pay for. If you need a business service, and if you need a Proliant server then you do, then you should pay for one. You would be well aware of the restrictions imposed by Sky before you signed up, if you weren't, you did not research enough. They provide a domestic service and have never pretended to do otherwise, millions are very happy with what they provide.
      omg relax i didn't realise my words could offend people.

the off the shelf router is not for me and i would rather prefer to have a workaround. its good as it is "plug and play"

if i have to ditch my hardware firewall or find another workaround its not the end of the world. but for me "personally" i dont rate it.

why am i going to pay through the nose for fibre optic with a company like zen, when i can just get something just as good.

at the end of the day all the service is doing is giving me internet access nothing more.

people need to chill and stop getting emotional.

there is nothing wrong with the sky sr101, but you cannot compare a casio to a rolex.

domestic market, bla bla bla. next you will be telling me that people dont abuse the service by dowloading copyright material.

A sky advisor actually told me, which i found shocking that there are work arounds on the net and all is required is a bit of googling.

business account are if you need support and stuff like block of static ip. which i dont need.

my use is for educational purposes only. i dont have a business or am i running production server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simon194 View Post
      Yes they will. I've tried it.
      mate your a legend. you just made my day

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
      I'd love to see the ability to broadcast simultaneous networks/SSIDs being incorporated into the Hub in a future firmware update. Not sure if that would be possible or not. It was a real bonus when using my old Netgear that I could have one network/SSID for my wife and I to use which was on permanently, then another network/SSID set up for the kids set up on a schedule, which stopped them sitting up all night faffing with phones and iTouches etc.
      I don't know the full abilities of the Sky Hub SR101, such as internal memory, processor specification, etc.

Certainly I too would love to see a Guest network feature, but I'm not sure if adding a 'Cloud' access point would be as welcome. We did a light hearted survey on this and it was met with mixed results.

I don't know what is in store for the development of this new router. There have been some hints, but nothing specific. Unfortunately I can't say anything more at this stage.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123