Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 34
    Like Tree3Likes

    Countdown to Fibre-Day

    This is a discussion on Countdown to Fibre-Day within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ours is being installed on Friday too and the hub arrived yesterday, looking at the pics it's the new style ...

    1. #11
      Leebob's Avatar
      Leebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Nuneaton
      Posts
      8
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Ours is being installed on Friday too and the hub arrived yesterday, looking at the pics it's the new style one. I can't wait for it to be installed now!
      fingers crossed it all goes well for us both!


    2. Advertisement
    3. #12
      Scubbie's Avatar
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Near Portsmouth
      Posts
      28,201
      Thanks
      844
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Since you are on Sky Broadband, you should be able to connect up the Sky Hub SR101 now, if you want to use it sooner.

      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

    4. #13
      Racey43's Avatar
      Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Bridgend
      Posts
      111
      Thanks
      13
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Since you are on Sky Broadband, you should be able to connect up the Sky Hub SR101 now, if you want to use it sooner.
      When I get the new hub, prior to fibre being connected, can I just disconnect the sagem and connect the SR101?
      Is it that simple?

    5. #14
      Scubbie's Avatar
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Near Portsmouth
      Posts
      28,201
      Thanks
      844
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Quote Originally Posted by Racey43 View Post
      When I get the new hub, prior to fibre being connected, can I just disconnect the sagem and connect the SR101?
      Is it that simple?
      Yep.

      The Sky Hub may take a little while to connect for the first time. This is normal and should not take more than an hour.

      If you have left the LAN Settings the same one the existing Sky Router (i.e. 192.168.0.1) then there should be no issues.

      This will also give you an opportunity to set up any port forwarding or other custom settings.

      When the Fibre is connected, the ADSL lead will need to be disconnected from the Sky Hub SR101 and an Ethernet cable will need to be connected between the new BTO Modem (supplied by the BTO Engineer) and the Sky Hub SR101. This will need to be plugged into one of the 4 Ethernet ports in the Hub.

      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

    6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

      Racey43 (30-10-12)

    7. #15
      Racey43's Avatar
      Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Bridgend
      Posts
      111
      Thanks
      13
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Yep.

      The Sky Hub may take a little while to connect for the first time. This is normal and should not take more than an hour.

      If you have left the LAN Settings the same one the existing Sky Router (i.e. 192.168.0.1) then there should be no issues.

      This will also give you an opportunity to set up any port forwarding or other custom settings.

      When the Fibre is connected, the ADSL lead will need to be disconnected from the Sky Hub SR101 and an Ethernet cable will need to be connected between the new BTO Modem (supplied by the BTO Engineer) and the Sky Hub SR101. This will need to be plugged into one of the 4 Ethernet ports in the Hub.
      Thanks.
      Last question, I hope. Is there any point in doing it in advance of the fibre install? I have no port forwarding or any non-standard configuration as far as I know.

    8. #16
      Scubbie's Avatar
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Near Portsmouth
      Posts
      28,201
      Thanks
      844
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      The Sky Hub SR101 is a nice router. Since there is not harm in doing it early, then it would allow you to see what the Sky Hub is like a few days early and confirm that it works.

      When the BTO Engineer arrives it might be nice to literally unplug one cable and plug in the new one.

      Of course if you don't want to do it early, do not worry. There are quite a few on this forum who are very keen to get one of these.

      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

    9. #17
      Racey43's Avatar
      Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Bridgend
      Posts
      111
      Thanks
      13
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      The Sky Hub SR101 is a nice router. Since there is not harm in doing it early, then it would allow you to see what the Sky Hub is like a few days early and confirm that it works.

      When the BTO Engineer arrives it might be nice to literally unplug one cable and plug in the new one.

      Of course if you don't want to do it early, do not worry. There are quite a few on this forum who are very keen to get one of these.
      OK. I'll do it before the BTO Engineer arrives in that case.

    10. #18
      Leebob's Avatar
      Leebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Nuneaton
      Posts
      8
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      I'm gunna do mine in a bit! Happy days

    11. #19
      Leebob's Avatar
      Leebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Nuneaton
      Posts
      8
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      All good here! Roll on Friday

    12. #20
      Leebob's Avatar
      Leebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Nuneaton
      Posts
      8
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Countdown to Fibre-Day

      Due Any time now, let me know how your install goes and vice versa

     

     
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION