Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Oh Well No Fibre For Me "Yet"

This is a discussion on Oh Well No Fibre For Me "Yet" within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I sent an email to Openreach last week and got this reply last night, Hello John, This exchange is currently ...

Poppet25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Oh Well No Fibre For Me "Yet"

I sent an email to Openreach last week and got this reply last night,

Hello John,

This exchange is currently accepting orders but the coverage deployed to date did not enable your cabinet area, PCP 17.

Openreach must make best use of the funds committed by BT Group and as such it is not possible to provide coverage to 100% of an exchange area which is why we select cabinets that provide the best coverage at the time the deployment takes place. As a business we do intend to revisit selected exchanges around the UK with the view of trying to close some of the gaps left during the first tranche of deployment.

I cannot provide firm assurances now on timescales but I can advise that this exchange is a good candidate for a revisit and if we do decide to do this all cabinets will be reviewed again including cabinet PCP 17 to see if it meets our criteria for deployment using either FTTC or FTTP technology.

I would recommend that you diary to query in six months by when the position may have changed.

Regards
      It's a bit of a downer, at least I've got reasonable speeds on ADSL though

2. Advertisement
      brianc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEBDT
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Oh Well No Fibre For Me "Yet"

Tough one Poppet25,

I get something similar from the Openreach website.

This marker shows cabinet: P16
      Which is linked to exchange: BEDLINGTON
      Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We’re sorry but further work in our network is needed before we can provide service to this cabinet. Please bear with us.

Due to the heavy demands on our underground network in this location, we have to re-plan the way we provide cabling to this cabinet. This involves a lot of work so thanks for your patience whilst we sort this out.

Belazor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Oh Well No Fibre For Me "Yet"

What wording did you guys use when you received responses like that?

I got told what Exchange I was connected to, and then the copy/pasted "rolling out to 66% of the UK blah blah" spiel. I'd want to try again, but I'd need to know the "correct" way to ask so that I can receive more details regarding my specific cabinet.