Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Wanting to get Sky Fibre - how do I get rid of this 50 activation fee?!

This is a discussion on Wanting to get Sky Fibre - how do I get rid of this 50 activation fee?! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm phoning Sky with my old man over the weekend to transfer our phoneline and to apply for Fibre. I'll ...

itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Wanting to get Sky Fibre - how do I get rid of this 50 activation fee?!

I'm phoning Sky with my old man over the weekend to transfer our phoneline and to apply for Fibre. I'll be in touch on what I did to try and get rid of the fee. I'm also hoping they will give us an SR101 as we are upgrading, can anybody confirm that upgrades are getting the SR101?

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I'm also hoping they will give us an SR101 as we are upgrading, can anybody confirm that upgrades are getting the SR101?
      The whole section on Broadband on Sky's website, practically states that the Hub is the only router now for Broadband connections, the chances of receiving any other as from ordering today, are fairly slim I would bet.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Pdog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I managed to get my Fibre activation re-credited. It took a few phone calls, in the end I was contacted by the fibre team after complaining on their forums. This was last Friday, They couldn't waive the 50 activation fee as the offer was not coming up (because I don;t have Sky TV) I said I can pay it, if they re-credited it back and the chap agreed.

I even managed to get the SR101 sent out rather than the Sagem

Installation date is the 2nd November!
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, how did you approach the phonecalls. I'm hoping it would be a little easier as we have SKY TV (everything and HD), also seeing as we are moving the phone line as well. Cheers. Just asking as I'm making the phonecalls tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdog View Post
      I managed to get my Fibre activation re-credited. It took a few phone calls.

Pdog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The phone calls didn't really help, but as you have TV you have a bigger bargaining chip

I went along the lines of BT and Plusnet both offer fee free activation, I wanted to move to fibre but didn't want to pay the activation fee. The team that actually refunded me was the fibre team. I also mentioned when I first pre-registered there wasn't an activation fee.

You can also say that others have got the activation fee refunded after initially paying it.
      itype likes this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pdog For This Useful Post:

itype (19-10-12)

Thanks

And this is why it pays to have this place as forum to exchange information. Cheers bud, will update here tomorrow to let everybody know how it goes and my process. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pdog View Post
      The phone calls didn't really help, but as you have TV you have a bigger bargaining chip

I went along the lines of BT and Plusnet both offer fee free activation, I wanted to move to fibre but didn't want to pay the activation fee. The team that actually refunded me was the fibre team. I also mentioned when I first pre-registered there wasn't an activation fee.

You can also say that others have got the activation fee refunded after initially paying it.

Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

Had no problem with the 50 activation fee either. I had to pay but it will be credited to my next bill.
      I had instant confirmation of the order by email and text.
      I have to say that it's a pleasure to deal with Sky, especially after my experiences with BT where I could easily spend 2 hours on the phone with the simplest of problems. Customer service was the reason I left BT rather than issues with their broadband.

Thanks

Just got off the phone from a great guy called Simon over at Sky.

It was a bit of challenge as, to be honest, my research into current providers was a pretty lame attempt. He initially could only offer me 25 credit, so half off the install price.

He said that this is a common occurance for the Fibre Broadband and he is asked this same question many times which is evident from the amount of discussion found on this forum.

Anyway, I simply said that we already spend 72 p/m and have been with them for 14 years and are looking to move everything across but am considering moving everything to other providers if required. I then said we'll be back in touch and he offered to speak to a manager to see what he could do. A few minutes later, he came back and said we can waive the 50 fee through crediting. I thanked him. He had to leave notes on the account along with providing me with his employee number, just in case, as we need to wait for the Line Rental and Anytime to go active before moving the Fibre. I then need to call up and process the Fibre order. I will also be receivieving the SR101 Hub.

Not sure how much help this is to everybody. Simon was a great guy and helpful all through the process, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12