Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree4Likes

Existing Customer fibre upgrade 50 Activation charge

This is a discussion on Existing Customer fibre upgrade 50 Activation charge within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme It seems it does not matter who you go to. Some of the agents in Sales ...

rich1068 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: No Sky!
      Thanks

Re: Existing Customer fibre upgrade 50 Activation charge

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It seems it does not matter who you go to. Some of the agents in Sales have 'special' offers to offer and the same goes with Cancellations. If you are not lucky enough to get one of these, you will be out of luck.
      I'm not sure if that's true. I just kept plugging away with the regular CS reps. I got sympathy, a promise of a call back (which never happened), more sympathy but their hands are tied, out and out refusal and then finally a result. Obviously they have to consult with a manager but I certainly didn't *speak* to anyone in sales or cancellations. Obviously they could have been consulted but I wasn't aware of it.

For want of a better place to say this I should also state that dealing with Sky has been an absolute pleasure over the last few weeks. Every single person I've spoken to has been polite and extremely helpful.

2. Advertisement
      Bazookajoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I moaned about the 50 upgrade at the time that I was ordering fibre Pro. I made it quite clear that i felt the intial free offer was discriminating against existing sky customers who couldnt order at the time of launch because their cabinet weren't enabled and therefore as a loyal customer, I was unable to take advantage of their offer. I also mentioned that I had waited 5 months for Sky and resisted tempting offers from BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet and Virgin because I was loyal to Sky.

I do spend a lot of money with Sky though....HD, Multiroom, Sports, movies, phone line, broadband and now Fibre Pro

The agent went away for 5 minutes to speak to his manager. He said that I would have to pay the 50 as the system wouldnt bypass the one off payment process but assured me that they would credit my account afterwards.

The next day I had an email from Sky confirming that they had credited my account.

It all depends on who you speak to and how you put a case forward.
      itype, Scubbie and rich1068 like this.

itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Great example, I'm in the same position. Have been tempted to go to Virgin for broadband and BT are also looking like an option. I plan on taking out Talk along with SUFB. Will see what happens =D, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookajoe View Post
      I moaned about the 50 upgrade at the time that I was ordering fibre Pro. I made it quite clear that i felt the intial free offer was discriminating against existing sky customers who couldnt order at the time of launch because their cabinet weren't enabled and therefore as a loyal customer, I was unable to take advantage of their offer. I also mentioned that I had waited 5 months for Sky and resisted tempting offers from BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet and Virgin because I was loyal to Sky.

I do spend a lot of money with Sky though....HD, Multiroom, Sports, movies, phone line, broadband and now Fibre Pro

The agent went away for 5 minutes to speak to his manager. He said that I would have to pay the 50 as the system wouldnt bypass the one off payment process but assured me that they would credit my account afterwards.

The next day I had an email from Sky confirming that they had credited my account.

It all depends on who you speak to and how you put a case forward.

Kris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashington (NEAT)
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

I found that normal CS couldn't do much but retentions were more helpful. Basically by being knowledgeable about competitor products and how talk-talk would be cheaper (with topcashback) they offered a good deal.

I got a discount on my telephone line rental rather than the fibre, but the net result is fibre is costing an extra 3.25 per month with no install costs. I originally posted the info on thinkbroadband.

Fibre offers :: Sky Broadband :: think broadband

Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I would stay away from virgin if i where you the network is overloaded to the max

here is a trace to my friend now this min look at the hand over from easynet to virgin on hop 4 and 5
      its like it almost every night atm

traceroute to 81.102.57.102 (81.102.57.102), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
      1 rapture.shonk.org (192.168.0.1) 0.325 ms 0.238 ms 0.219 ms
      2 cr1.swcuv.uk.easynet.net (87.87.224.95) 8.797 ms 8.584 ms 8.108 ms
      3 cr1.swcuv.uk.shonk.org (87.87.129.129) 4.710 ms 4.060 ms 4.579 ms
      4 ip-84-38-37-126.easynet.co.uk (84.38.37.126) 11.338 ms 11.249 ms 11.991 ms
      5 linx-gw1.router.ntli.net (195.66.224.22) 81.326 ms 78.128 ms 82.476 ms

6 nrth-bb-1b-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net (62.253.174.17) 83.080 ms 84.637 ms 79.786 ms
      7 brhm-bb-1a-ae3-0.network.virginmedia.net (62.253.185.86) 107.210 ms 90.250 ms 90.747 ms
      8 cdif-core-2a-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net (62.253.174.82) 93.870 ms 91.533 ms 90.639 ms
      9 ely0-cmts-05-gigaether-150.network.virginmedia.net (62.254.253.106) 187.038 ms 363.953 ms 114.359 ms
      10 * * *
      ^C^C

Quote Originally Posted by itype View Post
      Great example, I'm in the same position. Have been tempted to go to Virgin for broadband and BT are also looking like an option. I plan on taking out Talk along with SUFB. Will see what happens =D, thanks.

itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I was looking at Virgin at least a year ago, I was only using them as an example and to say to Bazookajoe that I'm in the same position. I have a letter through today saying that I'd get free activation with Virgin. So I'd just use the examples as leverage, I have no intention of moving, just leverage.
      Last edited by itype; 12-10-12 at 03:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123