Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fibre activation date gone

This is a discussion on Fibre activation date gone within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I would like you to clarify that I am actually connected to cabinet LC/AIM 69. All of my street is ...

pau1777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton in Makerfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Fibre activation date gone

I would like you to clarify that I am actually connected to cabinet
      LC/AIM 69. All of my street is connected to cabinet LC/AIM 55 (according to the cabinate checker on this forum). Since
      my house is in the middle of the street I find it difficult to see why my house is the only one connected to cabinet LC/AIM 69.

I did have some problems a number of years ago when my broadband would cut out when the telephone rang. A BT engineer did come out and said
      he would "switch cables from the west side to east side" This took him less than 20 minutes. If this is the case and the cabinet LC/AIM 55 is
      being upgraded (this is closer to my house) would I simply not be able to switch cabinets again? Or would I have to get a new line installed coming from cabinet LC/AIM 55?
      Everyone else looks like they are OK, but mot me!

- - - Updated - - -

My Street is also highlighted as a "slow spot" on the broadbannd notspot checker.!

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Again it sounds like yo will need to investigate things and see what can be offered. Perhaps someone on this forum can also advise better, but this is unusual and may require a little extra work.

Approach BTO once more and ask them if it is possible that LC/AIM 55 can/will be or is connected up for Fibre. This being the case, can your line be switched back to the cabinet and allow you to get a Fibre connection.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Hi Scubbie, Thanks for the reply.
      I thought that this was very strange too. The LC/AIM 55 is defiantly getting fibre the new cabinet has been installed 6-8 weeks ago next to it.
      The only thing is it is not activated yet, it should have been live on 30th September.
      If I take out BT broadband I’m sure you can take a new line as mine is currently with SKY. I didn’t want to change from sky but if I have to go with BT then I will go with BT!
      Is it BTO that I will need to contact or BT themselves who provide new lines? This is very confusing; some clear information from BTO and BT would be helpful instead of a guessing and waiting game!!!

Thanks
      Perhaps it would be more useful to chat with someone within Sky over this issue as BTO don't normally like to chat with the public directly over things like this.

I had thought that is who you were originally talking with.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Forum Runner

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Hi,
      I took the advice from earlier in this thread and emailed BT for an update for their cabinet.
      I got the reply this morning.
      If I talk to sky and say I will have to think about getting a new BT line from the cabinet LC/AIM 55 as the one I am connected to is not in the upgrade program could they find out? BTO have not been helpful so far!

Thanks

Can Sky help? As previously mentioned, this is kind of unusual. You will need to speak with someone a little more senior & knowledgeable.

Initially try to go through the sales team and from there to the fibre team. If this doesn't help, speak to someone within the Executive team.

If someone from BTO moved you connection from one cabinet to another previously, then they effectively confirmed that the line was faulty and that there was a problem with the original set up. I am hoping that this will not be the case with the Fibre connection, but I personally am not in a position to chase this through.

Thanks

Thanks for your help and advice.
      Ill give sky a ring when I get home from work and update everyone!

Thanks again
      Paul.

Thanks

OK I have had some more contact with BTO
      It turns out that my cabinet (cab 69) is not being upgraded! There is one cabinet on my estate which is nearer to my house is being upgraded (cab 55). The houses further away from the cabinet are actually connected to the upgraded cabinet so houses further away will be able to get the upgrade but I won’t. There is a distribution point for the upgraded cabinet about 15m away from my house, but BTO say they are unwilling to consider connecting me to the upgraded cabinet as their policy says they won’t rearrange their network simply to allow people to upgrade.

The issue is that the people who will actually get the upgrade already have the option of virgin media broadband, whereas the people who won’t get the upgrade only have the option of sub 1mb ADSL. This is so frustrating.
      Is there any way of getting BT to change the arrangements of the network especially since the distance is so short??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123