Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fibre activation date gone

This is a discussion on Fibre activation date gone within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Use/Google " BT Wholsale ADSL checker" but don't use the post code search facility, use the address search facility instead. ...

Justinlang is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Fibre activation date gone

Use/Google "BT Wholsale ADSL checker" but don't use the post code search facility, use the address search facility instead.

It seems the post code search facility has been changed so that it doesn't pick up Fibre provisioning only normal adsl.

The address checker, which requires house name or number as well as post code is sufficiently precise to give fibre details.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Fibre activation date gone

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

rjpearce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justinlang View Post
      Use/Google "BT Wholsale ADSL checker" but don't use the post code search facility, use the address search facility instead.

It seems the post code search facility has been changed so that it doesn't pick up Fibre provisioning only normal adsl.

The address checker, which requires house name or number as well as post code is sufficiently precise to give fibre details.
      I get the same result from Postcode and Andress+Postcode checks. Using https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/st...y_Checker.html

In other news after a quick search I found a post on the Zen forums.
      The person had their cabinet date moved but have successfully emailed BT for an update for their cabinet.

I've also dropped them an email (nga.enquiries at openreach.co.uk) to see what's going on with my .. I would strongly suggest anyone who is fed up checking the BT's availability checker every day.

-Richard
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 03-10-12 at 10:45 PM. Reason: split email and added at instead of @

pau1777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton in Makerfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      My Postcode says "accepting orders"

I also get the same result from the address and postcode check.. no mention of fibre whatsoever!!

Ill try to email BT and see if I can get a date too... but I dont hold out much hope!

Thanks

I did try to email BT for an update for the cabinet. They have not replied to me.
      Still a waiting game then!

rjpearce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I got the following on the 4th October .. still waiting too.

"Thank You for contacting Openreach about Fibre Broadband.
      Due to high volumes of enquiries there may be a delay in our reply. Please bear with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards
      NGA Enquiries Team"

andy585 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irvine
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

I got a reply from open reach the other day saying it was a placement issue for my fibre cab think it was to do with power they said it should be done by 31st dec

KingfisherUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sandy
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: TP-Link WDR3600
      Thanks

The key thing to remember here is that just because BTO complete the works and BT Infinity products are available, it does not automatically mean Sky Fibre will be available.

I have this exact issue at the moment. I'm on a Sky enabled exchange (on Broadband Unlimited) where Infinity has been available at my home address for 4 months but I still cannot get Sky Fibre. When I asked Sky why this was, I was told that there is an issue where they currently cannot install the needed equipment in the exchange.

So while my neighbours with BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet and Virgin enjoy 30Mb+ speeds, I'm left revelling in my 8Mb (on ADSL2+) with no end in sight.

Thanks

Just got this reply

Thank you for contacting us about fibre broadband and please accept our apologies with the delay in replying. You are connected to Ashton In Makerfield cabinet LC/AIM 69. We are deploying one of the fastest and largest commercial deployments in the world. Our commercial deployment will have extended to 66% of the UK by the end of December 2014. We aim extend this to 90% of the UK, in partnership with other sources of funding, e.g. local and National government. Our deployment is based on the commercial criteria for each cabinet and your cabinet, LC/AIM 69 fails to meet the commercial criteria. Where cabinets are not commercially viable Government funding is available to county councils and it is worth registering your interest on your local county council website.You may also wish to lobby your local councillor on progress in your local area.

You can also register your interest on the Openreach website at; www.openreach.co.ukI appreciate it is frustrating but we are deploying Fibre Broadband on a commercial basis and are not able to provide service to your PCP on that basis.
      RegardsTony Franklin
      Network Investment Customer Engagement
      Email:- nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk|

I checked all of the postcodes in the checker for the surrounding streets to mine and they were all saying that fibre would be available.
      Im so not happy! We are a broadband "slow-spot" with under 1mb most of the time.

What can be done?
      Thanks

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

As the response says, contact your local council and see what can be done.

Before contacting them I would gauge the local feeling where you live too. Try and get some signatures and rally some interest in what you are doing.

Try to find out what they use the Internet for at the moment and see what they would also like to use it for if the connection speeds were improved. Also ask what their current connection speeds actually are and if possible whom they are with.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast