Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Sagcom F@st 2405n fibre firmware

This is a discussion on Sagcom F@st 2405n fibre firmware within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by 146Kg I tried and failed. I used the files off the FTTC CD as I don't fancy ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sagcom F@st 2405n fibre firmware

Quote Originally Posted by 146Kg View Post
      I tried and failed. I used the files off the FTTC CD as I don't fancy where that link can lead to. It starts and counts down to 70 seconds then fails. Anyone else faired better than me ?
      Pretty sure that is the issue with the v6 FW as well iirc

Can you try upgrading it via the GUI of the router and restore the image?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

No, that is an instant failure, it doesn't start.
      I set it 192.168.1.1, copied the files onto a HDD from the CD, ran the tool as administrator, it teased me for 20 seconds, then failed with 70 seconds to go.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Oh well thanks for trying.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Right it turns out it IS possible to get the FTTC firmware on the v6 router but it's a right pain in the backside to do and timing is everything!

It literally took me the best part of an hour (Possibly more)

It's possible to get the Modem in CFE mode by holding the reset button for 20seconds when powering up (Thanks to the openwrt wiki page for the 2604 for pointing out)

IF you are VERY lucky with the timing the image will upload to the router.

The problem seems to be getting the damn thing to stay in the firmware upgrade mode for more than a second or so to give the recovery utility enough time to start the process. If someone can figure this part out uploading the FTTC image would be easy... I think I just got very lucky at some-point as it started uploading I'm not even sure I could do it again...

I did wonder if we could somehow upload a deliberately corrupted firmware file that would prevent the router from booting but leave the CFE intact...

Anyway this seems to be the gist of it, Also worth noting I had a switch between the Sagem and my laptop so that I didn't have to wait for windows to notice the link was up...

I used the file start_win.bat (well actually I used start_win1.bat which was a modification to sky's script that takes into account I have a 64bit OS and therefore my Java exe is in a different location) running from an elevated command prompt as unlike the exe file it prints a load of java debug to the command-line window. However as far as I know it does the same thing as the .Exe version of the recovery tool.

1) Manually assign IP 192.168.1.2 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1 to your WIRED network adapter

2) open up a command window (cmd.exe) and type ping -w1 -t 192.168.1.1

3) Run the sky recovery tool, and proceed to the point where it states "Changing the parameters on your Ethernet interface"

4) power on the router whilst holding the rest button, proceed to hold the reset button for 20s

5) release the reset button

6) HOPE!

Of course I have no idea If it will

A) work ok on skys network, it boots and I can set the wan type.etc but i've not tried it live.

or

B) even if it does work I can't be sure Skys management platform won't go and simply downgrade it back to the ADSL firmware.

Recovery tools linked below...

http://thorn.flying-beast.net/public...ry%20tools.zip
      Last edited by dragon2611; 01-09-12 at 11:53 PM.
      NewsreadeR and Scubbie like this.

HK2401 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

there is a way you can get your router to work with sky fibre , i have done it myself and so have a few others , use custom router firmware that can connect to the BT modem ( using DDWRT)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12