Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Lost 5mb+ Since Rewire

This is a discussion on Lost 5mb+ Since Rewire within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all sadly im back for more advice please just to let you know whats happened sadly speed didnt stop ...

TAACHESTER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Lost 5mb+ Since Rewire

Hi all sadly im back for more advice please
      just to let you know whats happened sadly speed didnt stop at 40/10 after storm started falling again week later,eventualy got down to 30 down and only 5up ping had gone to 25ms to bbc on cmd
      So decided to take modem off data extension to see if that was causing problem,connected direct to master socket bought belkin high speed rj11 to connect and ran cat6 ethernet to router in room fired back up still 30/5
      2 weeks later rebooted router (not modem) sync upto 32/8 this carried on till it hit 36.5 down and 8.5 up ping down to 17ms to bbc then this weekend rebooted router to find falling again now 33352 still 8.5 up though ping not changed still 17ms,not touched modem no power cuts
      One thing i have noticed is that when i reboot router now it all lights up orange the connection(@) light always did till it went green but not the others and the lights seem to flash a fair bit when its just sat there nothing connected could the router be faulty causing dlm to think problem on line any ideas would be greatly appreciated
      thanks
      Last edited by TAACHESTER; 22-10-12 at 06:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
      DaveRom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

I'm going through exactly the same thing as you regarding download speeds. Had 6 months at 40/10 then over last 4-5 weeks its slowed down to 30/9. I've rang Sky and they said there are no errors on the line. If thats the case why ain't it coming down at 40/10. It did for 6 months without issue.

Just noticed your location in your profile. Which exchange are you connected to?

Thanks

im connected to SLBY,im assuming only one exchange with that code so we must be on same one. I dont know anyone else on fibre, sky or other isp so cant ask if they are having problems with speed seems strange though we are both suffering speed drop and on same exchange .do you know which cabinet you are connected or give me rough idea where you are?(im on cab 29),and distance from cab obviously dont want your street just rough area then may be able to tell sky if we are in same area.
      mine was rock solid aswell since march till end of august if i recall from a past thread you were installed day before me, mine was 23rd march?????
      Last edited by TAACHESTER; 22-10-12 at 10:12 PM.

DaveRom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAACHESTER View Post
      im connected to SLBY,im assuming only one exchange with that code so we must be on same one. I dont know anyone else on fibre, sky or other isp so cant ask if they are having problems with speed seems strange though we are both suffering speed drop and on same exchange .do you know which cabinet you are connected or give me rough idea where you are?,and distance from cab obviously dont want your street just rough area then may be able to tell sky if we are in same area.
      mine was rock solid aswell since march till end of august if i recall from a past thread you were installed day before me?????
      I'm on either P44 or P67 but unsure which.

I checked on FTTC Check

Yeah I remember we got it roughly at the same time. Its been great and i'm still happy with it now. Current speed is 10x faster than the old adsl connection. Its just annoying that i've been on 40 for six months with no issues and suddenly it starts acting up.

Its interesting that the first I heard of these speed drops was from my mate who's on infinity. He too used to get 40 but he was saying it had dropped off to around 27. He lives at Shafton though so I presume he's on a different exchange.

Thanks

Thanks for reply DaveRom maybe its just our cabs getting full and causing slowdown,if drops anymore will give sky a ring to test line.
      im wondering if anybody on here can shed some light on if you are only on sky fibre 40/10(notpro) are you still on the 8c profile or 17a???(think im right with those profile numbers)
      if on the the 17a my line is capable of 63mb so surely should run at full 40/10 if no faults???
      thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12