Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Router Says 79999kb/s Speed test 40mb/s help

This is a discussion on Router Says 79999kb/s Speed test 40mb/s help within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'd agree with isitme regarding the wireless. None of our devices get over 30Mbits - infact a quick test on ...

s1ndr0me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWPEU
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Router Says 79999kb/s Speed test 40mb/s help

I'd agree with isitme regarding the wireless. None of our devices get over 30Mbits - infact a quick test on the iphone gives 16.42Mbps with a 56ms ping. however via a desktop on a gigabit switch gives

When we first got the 80/20 firefox couldnt cope with speed but installing chrome seemed to fix that. We also tried running sabnzbd+ on our 1/2gig dualcore 1.86Ghz NAS but the hardware wasn't fast enough to realise the full speed either.

We do find speedtest a bit hit and miss. I could quite as easily got a poor result back even though I know the real world speed is fine, as Usenet will almost always max out the line.

2. Advertisement
      dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: Router Says 79999kb/s Speed test 40mb/s help

Quote Originally Posted by s1ndr0me View Post
      I'd agree with isitme regarding the wireless. None of our devices get over 30Mbits - infact a quick test on the iphone gives 16.42Mbps with a 56ms ping. however via a desktop on a gigabit switch gives

When we first got the 80/20 firefox couldnt cope with speed but installing chrome seemed to fix that. We also tried running sabnzbd+ on our 1/2gig dualcore 1.86Ghz NAS but the hardware wasn't fast enough to realise the full speed either.

We do find speedtest a bit hit and miss. I could quite as easily got a poor result back even though I know the real world speed is fine, as Usenet will almost always max out the line.
      The Iphone is a single stream device with a 65Mbit/s therotical max,

I get 21Mbit/s out of mine connecting to the Ubiquiti UniFi AP which is above my head right now (It's also incorrectly mounted if I'm honest as it's just sitting on a shelf ahove my pc)

I've seen about 37Mbit/s out of an iPhone before but To be honest it's a phone what can you possibly do with it that needs more than 20Mbit on the wi-fi that's plenty to stream video and download spotify.etc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123