Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

F@ST2504n unable to turn off DHCP

This is a discussion on F@ST2504n unable to turn off DHCP within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; when i hit apply after attempting to turning off DHCP in he router F@ST2504n settings, the screen continues to have ...

Daveeyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

F@ST2504n unable to turn off DHCP

when i hit apply after attempting to turning off DHCP in he router
      F@ST2504n settings, the screen
      continues to have DHCP still on, any reasons as I want to use my time capsule as the DHCP server through the DMZ server in the
      F@ST2504n
      now I can do nothing 40 times faster

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: F@ST2504n unable to turn off DHCP

I'm not entirely sure but I think that (on the 2504n Fibre router) some changes only take effect following a reboot.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It could be as Speedy says, if its not, try giving your TC an address of 192.168.0.2 reserve it in the router and put it in the DMZ. Then reduce the DHCP range to start and finish with 192.168.0.2. Although the Sagem DHCP is still running it will not give out any addresses.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Daveeyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies, the sky router settings were not saving in the sky router due to me administrating the router on a mac with safari, once i used firefox all settings were saved. I initially went the DMZ route as the WAN IP, turning off DHCP and wifi on the sky router to then rely solely on the apple extreme in the time capsule, however whilst it worked perfectly and im sure it would be ok due to the airport extreme security, a port scan by shields up( **Home of Gibson Research Corporation**) proved i was leaking information and had open ports exposed to the internet by using the DMZ. As a result I turned off DMZ, re enabled the DHCP server on the sky router but limiting to one IP address which was designated to the WAN IP of the time capsule. I have now got full stealth on the port scan, Open DNS is working as per the test site http://welcome.opendns.com and I have dual band wifi with full access control and DHCP enabled on the time capsule. So the only piece missing is the guest network feature as i cant get to the public IP address due to the MER authentication.
      now I can do nothing 40 times faster

benappleuser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207403
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daveeyt View Post
      Thanks for the replies, the sky router settings were not saving in the sky router due to me administrating the router on a mac with safari, once i used firefox all settings were saved. I initially went the DMZ route as the WAN IP, turning off DHCP and wifi on the sky router to then rely solely on the apple extreme in the time capsule, however whilst it worked perfectly and im sure it would be ok due to the airport extreme security, a port scan by shields up( **Home of Gibson Research Corporation**) proved i was leaking information and had open ports exposed to the internet by using the DMZ. As a result I turned off DMZ, re enabled the DHCP server on the sky router but limiting to one IP address which was designated to the WAN IP of the time capsule. I have now got full stealth on the port scan, Open DNS is working as per the test site http://welcome.opendns.com and I have dual band wifi with full access control and DHCP enabled on the time capsule. So the only piece missing is the guest network feature as i cant get to the public IP address due to the MER authentication.

Did you ever find a way to enable the Guest Networking feature? I too want to enable this on my Time Capsule (connected to my Sky router) but want to avoid Double NAT.