Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Steadily declining speed

This is a discussion on Steadily declining speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had Sky Fibre installed 2 weeks ago. The router synced at 33 down and 1.9 up. I was getting ...

BritishBeef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Steadily declining speed

I had Sky Fibre installed 2 weeks ago. The router synced at 33 down and 1.9 up. I was getting actual download speed of about 31 down which I was happy with:

This speed was stable at around 31meg down for about 5 days. It then dropped to about 25 meg down. I decided to reboot the router to see if that would help and my sync dropped to the same as my download speed (25 meg down). A few days ago my speed dropped again to around 20 Meg down and yesterday I rebooted the router to see if I had been given the upgrade to 10 Meg upload speed. Now my router has synced at 23 meg down ad my downloads are around this speed:

On BBC iPlayer speed test I get around 20 meg down.

Should I contact support or wait and see if it goes back up. Once the sync speed drops, can it go back up? At this rate I will soon have no better speed that when I was on dial up (12meg down).

Why would my speed be happy and stable at 33 down for the first week and now be this much lower?

any help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      gordietbh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Steadily declining speed

I've also had the same thing.

When I had pro installed last week it sync'd @ 65000 and my speedtest results were:

This week my sync speed has dropped to 56244 so I decided i'd give rebooting the modem/router a try and now it's dropped to 52000.

My speedtests are now 43-46 depending on the server I use.

Whilst this is hardly a poor speed i'd still like to know where the 13mb in sync speed has gone, if this doesn't improve I see no point remaining on the Pro package.