Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Order keeps being rejected, been trying to get fibre for days and days!

This is a discussion on Order keeps being rejected, been trying to get fibre for days and days! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I do something wrong. I have been trying to ...

Nobbie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Order keeps being rejected, been trying to get fibre for days and days!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I do something wrong. I have been trying to get Fibre for days now, if not weeks. Every time it's been accepted and then rejected by Sky. I had SFU about a month ago, cancelled it because of upload speed, but now want to get Fibre Pro. Because I already had Fibre in the past, when ordering Pro Sky's computer says I don't need an engineer to do the install, but when the order is processed their system rejects it because no appointment with Open Reach has been made. I keep going round in circles and getting to the point of cancelling Sky completely and going to Virgin Media because I get nowhere with CS or Fibre team! Anyone else had the same experience? Can't think of anything else I can do.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Order keeps being rejected, been trying to get fibre for days and days!

I would suggest that at the moment you will be in the minority.

As for not requiring an Engineer - Unless they left your link from the FTTC Cabinet to your Green Street Box in place, then an engineer will be required.

Give Sky another call and ask to speak with someone who can help you. Stay calm and polite and help them along where possible. If they cannot resolve this, then ask to speak with someone more senior or in customer services.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Thanks Scubbie. I called them so many times, I lost count. I don't know if I lost the link from FTTC or not, nor do people at Sky. DSL light on the OpeanReach modem is solid green so I assume I am still physically connected to the fibre. Or am I wrong?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Sadly you may need to speak with someone within BTO in order to find out what needs to be done. Unfortunately they won't talk to the public, so such communication will need to go through Sky. I am guessing though.

It might be worth you searching the BT Infinity forums to see if someone else has had a similar experience and to see what was required.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Sky told me they have no physical communication with BTO, it's all done through their super computer system which says no install required when order is placed and then rejects it because no appointment with BTO is booked. Cannot get anywhere, orders keep being thrown out and noone can/wants to help.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

When your fibre was cancelled were you returned to ADSL? If you were your wires will need redirected again. If they just cut you off, then you may still be connected. Maybe your best bet would be to apply for Fibre Unlimited and if/when that goes through, upgrade to Pro.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks TomD. Yes, when fibre was cancelled they put me back on BB Lite and Sky don't know if I'm still connected, some say yes, some no. I tried to take normal Fibre but get the same thing, order just does not go through. Tried to ask Sky to start from the beginning, no luck. The computer says No. Have no choice but to go back to VM unfortunately, unless Sky can sort something out.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Have no choice but to go back to VM unfortunately, unless Sky can sort something out.
      You could try BT Infinity. The few here who have it are quite happy. I think the 80/20 version is actually cheaper than Sky.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi TomD, I saw so many complaints about BT Infinity, I was a bit hesitant at first, speed throttling, 2p2, customer support, etc. Sky admitted they have a bug in their system which does not allow to re-order Fibre without another BTO appointment but are trying to sort it out.

Thanks for your help anyway