Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By JonS

No connection

This is a discussion on No connection within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys Using the Internet this morning, no problem. Went out and when I got back, nothing. Checked the modem, ...

JonS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMSTP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

No connection

Hi guys

Using the Internet this morning, no problem. Went out and when I got back, nothing. Checked the modem, all lights are on as that should be. Looked at the modem xDSL page and it's says downstream is 39998 and upstream is 1999. The router only had the power, wireless and LAN1 (connection to modem) lit. Sky's status page says there aren't any problem at the exchange but, when I've phoned Sky, they say there is. I'm a bit confused as to why the modem says its all connected but the router is saying it can't see a broadband connection. Could what the modem is saying be a red herring and, whilst there is an issue, the modem is still reporting a connection?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: No connection

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
      Hi guys

Using the Internet this morning, no problem. Went out and when I got back, nothing. Checked the modem, all lights are on as that should be. Looked at the modem xDSL page and it's says downstream is 39998 and upstream is 1999. The router only had the power, wireless and LAN1 (connection to modem) lit. Sky's status page says there aren't any problem at the exchange but, when I've phoned Sky, they say there is. I'm a bit confused as to why the modem says its all connected but the router is saying it can't see a broadband connection. Could what the modem is saying be a red herring and, whilst there is an issue, the modem is still reporting a connection?

Cheers

The speed that you see on the sky router (for fibre) is from Sky Servers, it is not taken from the actual connection and the BTO Modem so it may only update the sync speeds when the connection drops?

JonS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMSTP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Cheers Ipster.

The router was showing no connection speed at all. The modem was showing up and down speeds even after a reboot and the attainable rates were fluctuating around slightly. The connection has come back to life in the last few minutes suggesting the modem was telling porkies and so was Sky's online status check.
      Ipster likes this.