Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

1 week after sky fibre install...

This is a discussion on 1 week after sky fibre install... within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; sorry, if theres already a post like this....could not find the correct post here... ok, after 1 week of my ...

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

1 week after sky fibre install...

sorry, if theres already a post like this....could not find the correct post here...

ok, after 1 week of my sky fibre install, things have been going well..fast speeds..linux distro torrents going at 1.0-4.5mb/s, 1 or 2 torrents quite slow, due to less peers & seeders...

nice to see pings at 12-35 to european game servers tho...USA game servers 80-120 pings...western USA around 175-200 pings...before on sky bb unlimted i was getting 50-90 pings to europe, 110-200 pings to USA, more than 200 to western USA...

speeds do vary on speedtest.net, around about 37-38mb/s normally, a few nights have been slower...34-36mb/s...I have my xbox360 wirelessly connected, and it is quite fast took a min or 2 for a 700mb download, compared to 10-15min before...

2. Advertisement
      Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Found that since I got fibre optic I host a lot of the games on Xbox Live,my son said this is good?

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 1 week after sky fibre install...

I was told by the BTO engineer that any wireless connection speeds would be roughly 36mb/s, that would include any xobx360, ps3, laptops, wireless capable smartphones...

I am glad minecraft is noe available on the xbox...but you cant go on any server using the game(like you can on the pc version)...you can only invite xbox live users...