Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Sky need to sort this error out or risk losing customers

This is a discussion on Sky need to sort this error out or risk losing customers within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm one of the ones wanting sky fibre. I already have sky bb and my exchange is due to go ...

SAFC2403 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky need to sort this error out or risk losing customers

I'm one of the ones wanting sky fibre. I already have sky bb and my exchange is due to go live end of june - sam knows reckons my exchange is live now - last week the infinity site was erroring with my details. Today it reckons i can get 57meg, however i get this email this morning saying i cant have it.

Is it worth getting in touch with sky and asking them or even looking at the sky website??

confused?!?

2. Advertisement
      Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SAFC2403 View Post
      I'm one of the ones wanting sky fibre. I already have sky bb and my exchange is due to go live end of june - sam knows reckons my exchange is live now - last week the infinity site was erroring with my details. Today it reckons i can get 57meg, however i get this email this morning saying i cant have it.

Is it worth getting in touch with sky and asking them or even looking at the sky website??

confused?!?
      I would definitely try the sky ordering page. I managed to order when sky told me it is definitely not available in my area. Ringing them will just upset you. They are confused at the moment and will only try to get you to sign up for sky sports or movies. THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M RINGING ABOUT

Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Ditto, got me email today, been on since March

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

same here according to sky can't get fibre from sky. god knows how I posting this then lol perhaps that why sky having so much problems with my sky fibre connection

sparky678911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Netgear R6300
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

i got the same email saying that i could have fibre if i wanted but i am already on it Hello Sky wake up

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have been on to the Sky fibre team direct { thanks for the Tel Number! }and ordered FTTC to be fitted 2 weeks tomorrow.! This is despite getting the e mail saying that i can not get it !

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Thanks

Ahhh .. just came on to see what that email was about. I'm even more confused now tho - I know before fibre was launched that my exchange and cabinet were upgraded for fibre (the cabinet now has a massive BT sticker on, advertising the fact!) - and indeed the Sky checker, when I logged into my account, showed as much. However, having received that email today, I went back to the Sky site and, when I tried to use the checker it simply took me to an order page saying I already had unlimited broadband, and just giving me options to change the "extras" on my phone package. So I'm working on the assumption theres a massive muck up somewhere - we can't afford to get it installed just yet anyway, but in a couple of months time I'll be getting rather het up about it if they still have it wrong!

Edit: When I went direct to the fibre page and clicked the "order now" button instead of going via the line checker, it did actually check my line and speed, and reckoned I'd get (min-max) 30.9 - 30.9 Mbps. I'm assuming they've dropped the installation/router charges? It showed in my "basket" simply the monthly cost, plus a 2.18 one-off cost for postage.
      Last edited by Stumpy; 16-05-12 at 02:47 PM. Reason: More info

marty2014 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trafford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I got this email
      Good News You're In A Fibre Enabled Area

Thank you for showing an interest in fibre from Sky,We're writing to let you know that we've checked the postcode you gave us and are pleased to confirm that you live in a fibre enabled area.

I registered an interest when my street cab was fibre enabled,any way could it be that depending on the wording of the email it seems they are in response to when an interest was registered and the availability of SFBBU info Sky had at that time

Perhaps similar emails could be checked against a list of Current SFFBBU subscribers as well as customers with confirmed orders but awaiting installation.

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Edit: When I went direct to the fibre page and clicked the "order now" button instead of going via the line checker, it did actually check my line and speed, and reckoned I'd get (min-max) 30.9 - 30.9 Mbps. I'm assuming they've dropped the installation/router charges? It showed in my "basket" simply the monthly cost, plus a 2.18 one-off cost for postage.[/QUOTE]

That's what mine did BUT if you go in to your account and go to up grade it should give you the option to up grade to fibre , if of course it is actually available to you.It will then show in your basket like you say with a one off 2.18 post cost and 20 a month.If you do not already have a Sky phone line it will also add this to your basket as having a sky talk is a condition of having the Fibre. As for the installation charge can not remember seeing anywhere that is was "officially" cancelled BUT i did not get charged 50 on the order that i have just placed as well.

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skycarp View Post
      Edit: When I went direct to the fibre page and clicked the "order now" button instead of going via the line checker, it did actually check my line and speed, and reckoned I'd get (min-max) 30.9 - 30.9 Mbps. I'm assuming they've dropped the installation/router charges? It showed in my "basket" simply the monthly cost, plus a 2.18 one-off cost for postage.
      That's what mine did BUT if you go in to your account and go to up grade it should give you the option to up grade to fibre ,
      No .. that's what confused me. When I went to my account direct, there was no option to upgrade to fibre, only to add extras on to the phone package. It only gave me the option to upgrade when I went via the fibre page first.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast