Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By atgooner

Move from sky BB and BT phone,

This is a discussion on Move from sky BB and BT phone, within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I am looking at moving from my current Sky Unlimited Broadband to the Sky Fibre Unlimited. I have ...

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Move from sky BB and BT phone,

Hi All
      I am looking at moving from my current Sky Unlimited Broadband to the Sky Fibre Unlimited. I have had the BB with sky now for over 5years and Sky TV for what seems for ever !. I still however have my land line telephone with BT as I was a big believer in not wanting to put "all of my eggs in one basket ".
      I live quite a distance from my exchange and can only achieve speeds of 2.5 down so the opportunity to move to fibre which has just been put into the exchange with speeds of {as per the BT infinity checker } of 38.8 down and up to 6.6 up seems almost magical !
      When going into my account it now gives me the option to get Sky fibre so i guess all the Sky kit must be up and running also.
      The questions / info that i would like some feedback on if possible is that i now have to "move" my land-line over from BT to Sky in order to get the Fibre BB. How dos this work in the real world ? will i be without my phone line and or my ADSL BB for a period of time or will both be "seamlessly" transferred in one go to Sky talk and Sky fibre????
      For a number of reasons i do not want to loose my current {BT} land-line number, I have read all the blurb from sky regarding keeping your current number and words like "should be able to keep" seem to suggest that in some instances they do not for what ever reason manage to transfer it across to your new Sky Talk account. Can anyone reassure me that this does not happen ??
      Any feed back would be gratefully received !!
      Cheers

2. Advertisement
      atgooner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upton Park
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Move from sky BB and BT phone,

I'm moving over from 02 ADSL and BT phone line to Sky talk and Fibre. Sky talk being migrated today and BTO coming to install fibre on Wed. Will let you know how the migration goes...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

I believe that the systems in place should allow you to keep your current phone number it you were issued it by BT Retail. There have been issues with numbers issued by some other LLU providers, but these will be addressed.

The are occasional 'mistakes' so I will never say with 100% certainty that it will always be seamless, however the vast majority will be fine.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Kept my number and changed from BT to Sky Talk no problem when I got fibre on trial. Didn't even notice my landline was down if it even was, lost my BB for about twenty minutes while install was done. Much happier with Sky Talk compared to BT

atgooner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upton Park
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

So an update from my migration

-BT line transferred to Sky around 6pm today. Got an email from Sky saying 'Welcome to Sky' etc and also an email from 02 broadband saying ive been disconnected from o2 BB.
      - Went home and plugged Sky fibre router in to the telephone line (even though Fibre installation isnt till Wed) and pleased to see Sky BB ADSL works - till I get Fibre installed on Wed.

So far..so good.
      Moxey and Scubbie like this.