Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Apple Time Machine Help

This is a discussion on Apple Time Machine Help within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have had fibre fitted today but i am having a problem connecting my time machine. I am wanting to ...

Scottjames1uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Apple Time Machine Help

I have had fibre fitted today but i am having a problem connecting my time machine. I am wanting to connect my sky box to this and printer as they aren't near the sky router. I have tried wired and wireless but i cannon get them to configure. Has anyone got any info on how i can set these up. I havnt had a problem before. Ideally i would like to connect the time machine wireless to the router then hard wire the printer and sky. Any help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Apple Time Machine Help

Quote Originally Posted by Scottjames1uk View Post
      I have had fibre fitted today but i am having a problem connecting my time machine. I am wanting to connect my sky box to this and printer as they aren't near the sky router. I have tried wired and wireless but i cannon get them to configure. Has anyone got any info on how i can set these up. I havnt had a problem before. Ideally i would like to connect the time machine wireless to the router then hard wire the printer and sky. Any help appreciated.
      If you are wanting to connect a Time Capsule, you will need to log into the TC via airport utility. On the wireless tab select extend a wireless network, and then select the wireless network that you would like to join and enter its password. On the internet tab you should connect using DHCP then make sure you click update. You then connect the sky box to one of the ethernet ports on the back of the TC (not the one with the dots above it) and connect your pronter via USB or Ethernet. Once this is done restart the Time Capsule to make sure that all the devices get an IP address.
      Last edited by Ipster; 08-05-12 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling doh!

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

[QUOTE=Ipster;373065]If you are wanting to connect a Time Capsule, you will need to log into the TC via airport utility. On the wireless tab select extend a wireless network, and then select the wireless network that you would like to join and enter its password. On the internet tab you should connect using DHCP then make sure you click update. You then connect the sky box to one of the ethernet ports on the back of the TC (not the one with the dots above it) and connect your pronter via USB or Ethernet. Once this is done restart the Time Capsule to make sure that all the devices get an IP address.[/QUOT

I have my TC connected in bridge mode to the sky router so the sky router is doing the work. Works well for me. This way you connect the sky router to the TC port with the three dots. Oh and I switched off the wifi on my sky router.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulkerdot View Post

I have my TC connected in bridge mode to the sky router so the sky router is doing the work. Works well for me. This way you connect the sky router to the TC port with the three dots. Oh and I switched off the wifi on my sky router.
      That how mine is set-up as well, plus with a bit of port forwarding and simple Apple Script, you can access your TC remotely as well.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

[QUOTE=paulkerdot;373090]
      Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      If you are wanting to connect a Time Capsule, you will need to log into the TC via airport utility. On the wireless tab select extend a wireless network, and then select the wireless network that you would like to join and enter its password. On the internet tab you should connect using DHCP then make sure you click update. You then connect the sky box to one of the ethernet ports on the back of the TC (not the one with the dots above it) and connect your pronter via USB or Ethernet. Once this is done restart the Time Capsule to make sure that all the devices get an IP address.[/QUOT

Mine is also in bridge mode, but they stated they prefered a wireless connection so he could connect his sky box and printer.