Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just got off the phone with sky and they admitted that there a problem somewhere between bt system and sky ...

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Just got off the phone with sky and they admitted that there a problem somewhere between bt system and sky which is resulting in customer only getting 1/2 the through put they should be getting. The sky guy also claimed only 8 people incuding me are being effected. So if you getting slow speed you need to report it. They do't need to send you a new router or tell you wait for the DLM training to stop to raise the fault.
      web_wizard likes this.

2. Advertisement
      web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      Just got off the phone with sky and they admitted that there a problem somewhere between bt system and sky which is resulting in customer only getting 1/2 the through put they should be getting. The sky guy also claimed only 8 people incuding me are being effected. So if you getting slow speed you need to report it. They do't need to send you a new router or tell you wait for the DLM training to stop to raise the fault.
      Who confirmed this to you? Who did you ring and what did you say to get them to confirm there was an issue?

More importantly, what are they going to do about it?

I will be ringing them in the morning as I am still getting poor throughout speeds so thanks for confirming this for us.

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

There is/has been a backhaul fault with BT network since yesterday which was affecting people and they hoped to have it fixed by this afternoon, so maybe it's not fixed yet
      Iechyd da

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I thought Sky had its own core network and so doesn't use the BT backhaul?
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Thanks

think it was guy called mike.

BT also switch off my fibre without telling me today to see if that fixed the problem. LOL took sky an hour of test to sundely realise the Openreach had turn it off to see if that resolves the problem. Mike said that the ACL team would need to speak to openreach team to get this resolved. Though he said they won't be in until Monday (did querry the bank holiday but he said they w

Thanks

I contacted them yesterday morning to report my issue. They told me that they had heard of this issue and got me to run various tests. They are having a word with the network guys to basically collate everyones issues that have experienced this so that they can hit BT with it as it appears to only be happening in some areas.

Thanks

I have spoken again to the fibre team and I have arranged for a BTO engineer to come out on Wednesday morning so we will see what the outcome is.

I am still experiencing speeds of 20mb yet modem is connected at 40mb so I will let you all know what happens on Wednesday

Exchange:
      Thanks

let keep each other updates, so far I had a BTO guy go to exchange not had anyone come to my place yet

Doobrey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Ok,

So I have been having issues with FTTC since installation. Moira from the FTTC team has been really helpful, and it appears that of those original 8 people, I am one of them. Sky have taken all of my (and others) diagnostics information and are passing this onto BTO to try and resolve the issue. She said shouldn't promise how long it will take, but they are now certainly aware of the issue.

So I guess, its watch this space!

Doobs

mrplant is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Musselburgh
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: SkyHD AnyTime+
      Thanks

Hi.

Exact same here. I got fibre installed this morning by BT Engineer. Sky box reporting a steady 39999 connection to exchange and 2000 up.
      Speedtests - no matter what I run or try to download I seem "capped" at just over half that speed.
      Am on phone reporting it now as this is 4pm on the 8th May now!

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)