Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well an update from me. Despite leaving SPECIFIC instructions that I need to be called before they can gain entry ...

web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Well an update from me. Despite leaving SPECIFIC instructions that I need to be called before they can gain entry to my property, no one called. As a result BTO engineer left! And I didn't even know they were there. Not happy. Have re-scheduled for Saturday morning so I will update then once I know what the problem is.

2. Advertisement
      Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by web_wizard View Post
      Well an update from me. Despite leaving SPECIFIC instructions that I need to be called before they can gain entry to my property, no one called. As a result BTO engineer left! And I didn't even know they were there. Not happy. Have re-scheduled for Saturday morning so I will update then once I know what the problem is.
      I like how they spend 2 seconds trying to get in to do a job at a property, but the guy spent 30 mins after he finished my job parked outside my house before driving off. I think some of these bto people are having a laugh.

Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.

web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      I like how they spend 2 seconds trying to get in to do a job at a property, but the guy spent 30 mins after he finished my job parked outside my house before driving off. I think some of these bto people are having a laugh.

Sent from my ST18i
      Agreed.

Every time I have had any dealing with a company that has BT on it its been a nightmare!

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Eeek! I've just realised I'm walking round with an umbrella that has got a BT logo on it!

It does keep the rain off quite well though and all at no additional cost to a non-BT customer
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks
      Blog Entries

There's a Sky Knowledge Advisor response in the "Half speed" thread over on Sky Help Forum:

"Hi all, I've had a word with the fibre team about this. It is not a known issue at present. The vast majority of the calls they have had regarding similar issues have been identified as being due to the computing and networking equipment being used or the software installed on them.

There are a small number of examples for which the cause could not be identified and these have been passed to our network team for further investigation.

If anyone is experiencing throughput issues where the actual speed is significantly lower than the connection speed I'd advise testing on multiple sites. If they show the same speed then test a couple of different modern PC/MAC (if possible) using a wired connection directly in to the router (no mains networking kit or wireless adapters). Make sure no other devices are connected to the router at the same time.

If the throughput is still significantly lower than the connection speed then let us or the fibre team know and we will take it from there."

Full thread:
      Sky Help Forum - Half speed? - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Eeek! I've just realised I'm walking round with an umbrella that has got a BT logo on it!

It does keep the rain off quite well though and all at no additional cost to a non-BT customer
      My BT umbrella never turned up and cancelled at the last minute. When it did turn up it only kept half the rain off me. They are sending another one out on a sunny day to see if things have improved

Sent from my ST18i
      speedyrite likes this.
      With sky since 1997.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      When it did turn up it only kept half the rain off me.
      That's because you get your rain from the !

(Badum-tish! Thank you, I'm here all week...)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Has everyone tried the BT speedtester? Test Result

If you get your full speed there that more or less proves the problem is with Sky, as this tester goes direct to the BT servers.

The new BT tester can be used by everyone now, including SVBN ADSL users, not just those on a BT connection as was the case previously.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

AdamBrunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming (THGG)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post

If you get your full speed there that more or less proves the problem is with Sky, as this tester goes direct to the BT servers.

The new BT tester can be used by everyone now, including SVBN ADSL users, not just those on a BT connection as was the case previously.
      Tried that site (even though I only have Sky LLU ADSL) and if I just enter my phone number - don't know the serviceID - it just keeps saying that an error has occured.

David76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post

this one is supposedly upto 24mb, but is very accurate with my fibre

BT Speed Tester Lite (Beta)

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)