Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got the Sky router firmware update in the early hours of Monday morning. Since then my "half speed" problems ...

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

I got the Sky router firmware update in the early hours of Monday morning. Since then my "half speed" problems appear to have definitely taken a turn for the better. Prior to the new firmware update i was getting around 25 download on average v now an average of 33 Ish as per speedtest.net all tests taken from the same server at similar times etcetcetc. Even the BT wholesale test site that always showed a better figure than any Others is also giving better figures of around 36/37.
      Has any other "half speeders" seen any similar results ??
      Has anybody yet got an "official" view on what actually the firmware update was meant to be for yet ?
      Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      No response from Sky for a release note on the firmware update.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

I don't think Sky have ever released details on what any firmware upgrade has contained, going right back to the original Netgear. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting on a reply.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      I don't think Sky have ever released details on what any firmware upgrade has contained, going right back to the original Netgear. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting on a reply.
      To be honest, I wasn't expecting to get a response (but would have been pleasantly surprised if I had got one).

Sky have been fairly forthcoming about stuff on the various beta testing trials and I was hoping this might be a sign of a change in the approach to mass customer communication.

And as it's fairly usual for some info to be given about software updates that are pushed out (e.g. Microsoft Software Update), I just thought I would ask on behalf of those who like to know what changes they are getting.

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Since the firmware update my throughput download speed has gone from about 19-21 to about 23, so yes its improved but that's all. Its still nowhere near my sync speed of 39992.

Incidently, I was told that my "half speed" issue was being referred upwards on Saturday after I'd called [I]again[I]. At the time of writing I have received no further communication from Sky at all. It would be nice to have an email simply stating that my issue was still being investigated.

No doubt in a couple of days I'm going to have to ring them up again to see what's happening, I'm seriously considering asking for recompense for the cost of these calls. I shouldn't have to incur additional costs when the fault either lies with Sky or Openreach.

Thanks

I'm seriously considering asking for recompense for the cost of these calls. I shouldn't have to incur additional costs when the fault either lies with Sky or Openreach.
      Your landline calls would be free, so I don't think Sky will reimburse you if your landline is working. They will usually reimburse you if you are forced to use a mobile due to lack of a voice line. Sky are probably one of the better companies for making recompense for costs which are their fault.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

deskmonkey (25-07-12)

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Your landline calls would be free, so I don't think Sky will reimburse you if your landline is working. They will usually reimburse you if you are forced to use a mobile due to lack of a voice line. Sky are probably one of the better companies for making recompense for costs which are their fault.
      I didn't realise it was free. Are the calls encompassed within the Sky Talk package? If so then I feel a bit better. I always thought you had to pay for 08442 numbers.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Calls to Sky on 0844 numbers are free if you are on Sky Talk. You may even be able to call them on 150 (which is also free).

Thanks

I always thought you had to pay for 08442 numbers.
      You do, except when they are to Sky numbers.
      andrewjr and deskmonkey like this.

TomD

Useful Utilites

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

deskmonkey (25-07-12)

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

sky network service told me that not everyone except the visit from them quite a few turned it down. They request some more speed test results which i have sent them.

I ahve see a imnprovement in my line still not what it should be but alot better from where it has. Brefore anyone get to excited I would make sure the improvment stays

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)