Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; doubt it BTO been out twice they will tell u same thing they told me that you should be getting ...

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

doubt it BTO been out twice they will tell u same thing they told me that you should be getting 40/10 and there no reason why u should be getting less, they told me my line could support over 100 meg

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

just reminder that if people want to leave their fibre contract without penalty they need to do it within the first 3 months of them starting their contract and having speed problems.

epyon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NSDEN
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

To change providers i have to cancel my line and broadband then to a RTD on my line so i'll be weeks without internet >.<

Exchange:
      Thanks

they should move u back to adsl then they can migrate u to another provider

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

OR engineer has been and gone, nice pleasant chap too. He carried out a series of the usual tests etc, no line faults found.

However he did replace their modem and the speeds went way up to around what I should have been seeing at the beginning.

So it seems that was the faulty piece of kit causing the problems. Fingers crossed everything will be okay now

Good luck to everyone else, I hope you all get sorted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deskmonkey For This Useful Post:

norfykev (16-07-12)

norfykev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ivybridge
      Sky TV: Sky+ 1TB HD box
      Thanks

So your speed test results are now 37mbps as per your signature image? Did your Sky modem report the full 40000 / 10000 speeds with the old modem that has now been deemed faulty before it was replaced?

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Yes, prior to the replacement modem my speeds were always between 18mbps and 21mbps and has now jumped to 37mbps as per my speedtest sig image.

The sky router has always maintained the same speeds namely 39996 down and 9996 up (now) it was 39996/1996 before a reboot. I still find it curious how I was losing so much speed through the Openreach modem but I'm glad a simple replacement has it seems cured it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

got a sky service engineer coming out on Wednesday, finger cross we will get this resolved.

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      got a sky service engineer coming out on Wednesday, finger cross we will get this resolved.
      Got one as well for next week. Please post up the outcome of the visit as i am sure that many of on here will be VERY interested in it.
      Like you say "FINGERS CROSSED" !!!!

norfykev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ivybridge
      Sky TV: Sky+ 1TB HD box
      Thanks

I eventually got around to calling Sky tonight. I have 2 issues at the moment but I'll post about my router issue in my other thread http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...ng-issues.html

As for my "half speed" issue, when I phoned Sky I got a very helpful woman who seemed to know what she was talking about and made me feel like she actually cared about my problem. She tested the line from Sky's end and told me there was a line fault coming up from an open copper joint. They've put in a call to BTO and apparently I do not need to be in as they will test it outside of the house as that's where the fault is somewhere. That's sort of a result I s'pose but I'll know more once they've been and if the speed improves. I'll report back once I know the outcome.

Interestingly, before I called them I removed everything from my broadband router except for 1 laptop connected by ethernet and ran a few speedtests. My line speeds were in the 30s on the BT tester, and on speednet but still less than 20 at thinkbroadband.com. I think my Vodafone SureSignal may be sapping some of the signal but again, I'll try again once the BTO repair has been made.

At least I have one foot in the system now at least...

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)