Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; What are you measuring your ping against? And how are you measuring it?...

norfykev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ivybridge
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ 1TB HD box
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

What are you measuring your ping against? And how are you measuring it?

2. Advertisement
      Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Hi mainly bt speed test and speed tester .net but also ping youtube, google, bbc, sky and some game server that I play on

Exchange:
      Thanks

double post for some reason lol

skyiron34 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanishien
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

4th day of DLM, haven't done anything extreme to upset it.
      Syncd at 34mbps and 2 up, but I was getting 38/39 on speed tests and recently 6 upload.
      However tonight, download is down to 14-15, and upload 0.7..

I know people have been getting half speed... but this drop is so huge do you think its something else? I mean 6mbps to 0.7 upload is ridiculous.

Any updates from sky on this issue?

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well my fibre was installed Thursday morning with no issues and after waiting over a decade for decent speeds I was really excited. The Openreach guy stated that I should see a connection of nigh on 40mb as the cabinet is directly outside, sure enough my router connection shows 39996 kbps down and 2000 kbps up so he was correct.

However when checking my speeds using various speed testers they all state a downstream speed of between 18mb & 22mb !! These speeds do not change when the pc is connected either by Cat5 or wireless nor when I use my PC or laptop. I realise I'm undergoing DLM but it seems I too am affected by the half speed issue.

I was going to wait until the DLM period expired but for some reason out of the blue I received an email for them stating that another router was on its way, so I rang up to discuss this but also mentioned my download speed issue. I was simply told to wait, fair enough, I've waited years a few more days wont matter much.

However what I will say is that I am very disappointed in SKY. They are installing a product/service they know is faulty, no doubt they are hiding behind the upto 40mb and the fact that a lot of people simply don't check their download speeds but rely on the statistics on the router. I don't think it will be long before this issue starts hitting the press and not just the forums.

simon194 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDHAS
      Router: Sky Q Hub with Billion 8800NL in bridge mode
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deskmonkey View Post
      Well my fibre was installed Thursday morning with no issues and after waiting over a decade for decent speeds I was really excited. The Openreach guy stated that I should see a connection of nigh on 40mb as the cabinet is directly outside, sure enough my router connection shows 39996 kbps down and 2000 kbps up so he was correct.

However when checking my speeds using various speed testers they all state a downstream speed of between 18mb & 22mb !! These speeds do not change when the pc is connected either by Cat5 or wireless nor when I use my PC or laptop. I realise I'm undergoing DLM but it seems I too am affected by the half speed issue.

I was going to wait until the DLM period expired but for some reason out of the blue I received an email for them stating that another router was on its way, so I rang up to discuss this but also mentioned my download speed issue. I was simply told to wait, fair enough, I've waited years a few more days wont matter much.

However what I will say is that I am very disappointed in SKY. They are installing a product/service they know is faulty, no doubt they are hiding behind the upto 40mb and the fact that a lot of people simply don't check their download speeds but rely on the statistics on the router. I don't think it will be long before this issue starts hitting the press and not just the forums.
      My connection was the same straight after the install, download speed was around 23Mbps, but after a couple of days it was over 37Mbps.

BTW DLM runs continuously on fibre connections, it usually kicks in 24 hours after provisioning.

Exchange:
      Thanks

My speed dropped even futher, now back down to 10-15 meg through put with 4-5 meg upload, also my IP now puts me in Newcastle, when it used to be London. It heading the wrong wa I in the South west lol. Ping are still 60ms +

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      My speed dropped even futher, now back down to 10-15 meg through put with 4-5 meg upload, also my IP now puts me in Newcastle, when it used to be London. It heading the wrong wa I in the South west lol. Ping are still 60ms +
      My "half speed" connection has been VERY erratic today. It has varied between 8.5 and and at one point as high as 32.2........ a record !!!! Average however is still showing at 20 to 22.
      Up load throughput however has been quite stable at around the 8 mark. I wonder if Sky have been doing any of the tests that they spoke about in the E Mail that was sent out a couple of days ago ??

Exchange:
      Thanks

has the location of your IP location changed from where it was??

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      has the location of your IP location changed from where it was??
      Slightly, now it is central Londaon ,it was south london ish !
      I am actually in North Yorkshire.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)