Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by speedyrite Is there any similarity in geographical location of the half-speed sufferers? I am on the SELBY ...

Skycarp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Selby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post

Is there any similarity in geographical location of the half-speed sufferers?
      I am on the SELBY exchange in North Yorkshire. What about any one else ?????????????????????

2. Advertisement
      jamielowe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

I'm on the York exchange with half speed...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

That's 3 so far in the White Rose county with problems. Can you determine which Server you are connected to. Try using IP Tracer to see if they are the same, link below.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That's 3 so far in the White Rose county with problems. Can you determine which Server you are connected to. Try using IP Tracer to see if they are the same, link below.
      It is showing London in United Kingdom.

Thanks for your input Isitme !

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

another person phone me today from sky but I was out, the left a message about something faulty in the exchange, call sky fibre team back and they ahd no clue what i was talking about as according to them no fault as of yet had be found and the matter was still under investigation.

This is getting a joke, the level of service was not good to start with but now the seam unaware of what is happening on the account, the sky rep admited it would be best to call back tomorrow durring the day when all dpt are open as he had no idea where the call had come from and if thedre was a fault on the exchange. She did say she thought that unlikly as there was no notes showing that

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      another person phone me today from sky but I was out, the left a message about something faulty in the exchange, call sky fibre team back and they ahd no clue what i was talking about as according to them no fault as of yet had be found and the matter was still under investigation.

This is getting a joke, the level of service was not good to start with but now the seam unaware of what is happening on the account, the sky rep admited it would be best to call back tomorrow durring the day when all dpt are open as he had no idea where the call had come from and if thedre was a fault on the exchange. She did say she thought that unlikly as there was no notes showing that
      Just out of interest, what exchange are you on? Maybe this fault only affects certain exchange(s)/town(s)/city/cities/region(s)?
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

where are people based, I am connected to the Plymouth exchange, also do people know of other fibre users on the same exchange as you so have the same problem or are they working fine??

David76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skycarp View Post
      I AM a still a"half speeder" and am determined to get to the bottom of the reason why
      did the bt guy bring his own laptop and run a speedtest?. if you download this file mirror.leaseweb.net/speedtest/2000mb.bin 3 times at once (a.bin, b.bin, c.bin) what is you combined speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am pretty sure that the reason you get a better speed on some sites is that you are directly connected to them and not passing through the Sky servers. The second last line on this one actually states that. Connection Speed Test Plus

To me this means that the Sky servers are at fault and being told to use the BT tester is misleading.
      all data pass through the sky network. if you look at the second to last line it says that the speedtest server is connected to a fast hosting network.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to David76 For This Useful Post:

Skycarp (11-06-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David76 View Post
      did the bt guy bring his own laptop and run a speedtest?. if you download this file mirror.leaseweb.net/speedtest/2000mb.bin 3 times at once (a.bin, b.bin, c.bin) what is you combined speed?

all data pass through the sky network. if you look at the second to last line it says that the speedtest server is connected to a fast hosting network.
      Hi David
      The open reach guy did not use his own laptop to do a spped test. I have used both of my lap tops to test and they always give very similar results to my main {cabled} desktop on which all of tests/results are based .
      I did the 3 file downloads and the combined speed of the 3 was 2.97 with all 3 coming down at about 1 each
      Do,s this throw any more light on anything ?
      Many thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

That is the line I am looking at.
      Directly connected to what has been independently rated as the fastest hosting network in the UK
      I would have thought everything passes through the Sky servers, but how else can you explain the difference?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)