Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Damo82 driving me nuts keep asking it, and ask sky to pass the request on but they ...

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      driving me nuts keep asking it, and ask sky to pass the request on but they are not
      If this was my connection I would be emailing Sky not calling them and giving factual info. When you call sky you never know what they log but when you email you have something to refer to. It is not unreasoable for a customer who has an issue to expect it to be reseolved in a "reasoable time". I would email them direct info, BT Speedtest results, a wired speedtest and throughput of your connection and without trying to tell someone how to do their job (which clearly we are) ask if a cap could have been placed on the RDSLAM, half the issue is that not all agents at sky maybe aware of the issue but planting the seed may nudge them to ask BTO.

I would also point out that most sky fibre customers are happy with their service but it is frustrating for those who have issues that have gone on longer than you would expect. Its also good to remeber that just because you may have a speed issue that its the same issue as everyone else, when contacting sky I would only refer to your own issues and not what you have read on forums.

2. Advertisement
      Dunx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks
      I'm not sure if this is related to this problem or not. I've been on the phone to the fibre team today about my slow speed. They said the problem is being investigated by their network team as they have a number of customers with the problem. The thing I found interesting is that he went away and spoke to the team looking at this and phoned me back. He asked me to do a goggle search for Pizza Hut and tell him what location google thought I was in. It came back as London, I'm in South Yorkshire. Not sure how this would impact speed, perhaps it's routing our traffic to the wrong place? Others on here can probably make more of this line of investigation Sky are looking at than me.

carlisleet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thetford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

I have the same 1/2 speed issue, the 'pizza hut' test you did also thinks I'm in London.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Im not on fibre but it thinks im in Chorley lol

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Those who have configured Google to their own location can do the test by going to IP Address | IP Address Tracer | IP-Adress.com

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

carlisleet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thetford
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thinks I'm in Eastbourne, East Sussex, Im actually in Norfolk

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

That's alright, I must be on holiday as when I did it it came back suggesting that I am in Blackpool.

Anyone for a Hot dog, followed by an Ice Cream?

Strange really as my connection hasn't drooped for nearly 170 hours.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      That's alright, I must be on holiday as when I did it it came back suggesting that I am in Blackpool.

Anyone for a Hot dog, followed by an Ice Cream?

Strange really as my connection hasn't drooped for nearly 170 hours.
      You should be on the beach selling Kiss Me Quick hats.....lol

Yesterday I was in Chorley, today I am in Towcester my connection hasnt dropped either.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

At least we are all in the UK.

I can't recall the link or thread, but someone did post a link to a slightly more reliable finder.

With regards to Pizza Hut's system, I have no idea how it works. If it is based on the IP Address, then obviously this would be unreliable in the UK. However it it uses cookies, then that too would be unreliable.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

irrelevant is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mrtra
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited & Vivaciti
      Thanks

We had Fibre installed on Tuesday... I can see the cabinet from here, or would be able to if it were not the other side of a wall. Sky router shows a connection of 39992 kbs, but the various speedtesters are giving me only about 20-25Mbps... a big download was about the same.. very disappointing - who do I contact?

(Edit to add -)
      The engineer said it was the first Sky install he had done.... and we've got two phone lines here - the other one has been out of order (no voice service, not even a hiss, but it's ADSL is connecting at ~1.5mbps, normally 5mbps) since about an hour after he left... Not a good experience at all..
      Last edited by irrelevant; 24-05-12 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add more info.

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)