Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Damo82 has anyoner got this fixed?? I think web_wizard has managed to get the RDSLAM banding/profile capping ...

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      has anyoner got this fixed??
      I think web_wizard has managed to get the RDSLAM banding/profile capping reset. See his posts earlier in this thread.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

2. Advertisement
      Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      I think web_wizard has managed to get the RDSLAM banding/profile capping reset. See his posts earlier in this thread.
      Luckily he got an engineer who was more than accomadting. I bet not every BTO engineer will lie about the speed being received to get the line reset.

Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      Luckily he got an engineer who was more than accomadting. I bet not every BTO engineer will lie about the speed being received to get the line reset.

Sent from my ST18i
      Yes, luck of the draw I suppose.

I was reading on another forum somewhere that some fibre installations are being done by voice only engineers - presumably because they are swamped with demand - and they don't have the JDSU electronic gizmo to do some of the required testing.

If that's the case, maybe that's why some folks are having "speed issues" (perhaps because line faults are not being detected and fixed and/or the failure to run certain tests as part of installation results in BTO and/or Sky systems not being properly updated)?

Chap that did mine seemed to be doing nothing but fibre installs, seemed to have all the gear and appeared to know what he was doing!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Maybe a few people who have this issue should take it outside of Sky and email people at BTO direct and ask them why they are making it hard for their ISP to have their RDSLAM reset. Whilst I doubt it would do much good for individual cases it may make those high in the chain at BTO see a problem and try and work around it and/or contact sky saying people are having issues and make them address these issues with a bit more speed. If nothing else it maybe interesting to see their response... I have a few emails for people involved with fibre at BTO if anyone wants to try...

Just a thought!

web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      has anyoner got this fixed??
      Mine was fixed by getting my profile reset. It was a complete PITA to sort out though and I believe that if I did not have accomodating BTO engineers, I would have been stuffed.

Its not an issue SKY can sort out as they don't have access to the profiling system as stated earlier. Only a BTO engineer can arrange this and even they have to jump through numerous hoops with their helpdesk to get it arranged.

MrAdequate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abderdeen Denburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Seems like i'm another one getting a raw deal, looks like this is happening a lot. Actually when the engineer left after initial installation he said 'should have gone with BT' after seeing i was only getting ~22/2megs from a sync of 39/2

DownStream Connection Speed 39992 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 2000 kbps

I wonder if it's worth just cancelling now and sparing myself the bother. Possibly to just sign straight up with Infinty and see how that fares.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1960698922.png

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

driving me nuts keep asking it, and ask sky to pass the request on but they are not

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I wonder if it's worth just cancelling now and sparing myself the bother. Possibly to just sign straight up with Infinty and see how that fares.
      All depends how you feel, Sky Fibre is just like Groundhog day again from when they first launched Sky Broadband. Nowadays, Sky Broadband is a tough cookie to beat. Sky Fibre will get there, but it all depends if you can be bothered to wait.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

I think its cause bt are jealous of sky because its there biggest rival its like kids in a playground with some company's lol

Scottjames1uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

I have had fibre in for 2 weeks now.The line stabilised at 30 wiredand 25 wireless which i expected better. I called sky again to complain Saturday as my speed dropped to 12. There seemed to be a line fault as sky couldnt get any info from my line. They said they could get an engineer to me on Monday morning which i thought was good service. I couldnt do itMonday due to work so they are coming Friday. I dont know what they will do but i am finding my performance on my computers is far worse now than when i was on my previous sky package.Reading the forums everyone is complaining about speeds but hasanyone had it resolved.

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)