Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

This is a discussion on Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by web_wizard Thats correct. I verified the procedure with SKY and the Openreach engineer. This can only be ...

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

Quote Originally Posted by web_wizard View Post
      Thats correct. I verified the procedure with SKY and the Openreach engineer. This can only be done by an engineer during a callout. It will only be actioned by Openreach if they deem the throughput 'unacceptable' but I could not gain an answer as to what acceptable was. I got the feeling that they deem 15mb as acceptable but this may depend on the operator who speaks to the engineer. This is definately something SKY cannot control.

Absolutely. I got that feeling as well. I reckon if I had been an infinity customer, I would have not had an issue with getting it reset there and then. What angered me more was the fact it is a very simple process from their side. The engineer needs to give all details about the job anyway and they literally hit reset on their screens. So I don't understand why there has to be conditions in place before they hit this button. Its not exactly time consuming. Once the operator on the other end of the phone agreed to do it, he reset it instantly and it came down my line 10 mins later.
      I can't understand why BT would be a pain about this either. Although SFU uses BT fibre, copper & DSLAM it is still a Sky product and Sky are the client paying for a service and as such BT should be as acommodating as possible and they should allow Sky/BTO to request a line reset without hesitation
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

re: Sky Admits fault with Sky and BT network resulting in slow connects @ 1/2 speed

If enough people can convince Sky to get a BTO Engineer out to perform this task, I am sure that they will call "foul" should BTO decide to charge Sky for the call-outs.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      If enough people can convince Sky to get a BTO Engineer out to perform this task, I am sure that they will call "foul" should BTO decide to charge Sky for the call-outs.
      I think this is the key. I rang SFU back the other day as they thought the router they sent out was the cure for the problem. But thats still in its box. When I told them what cured it they have noted it down and am assuming will now track if it resolves anyone elses issues going forward.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      What is the supposed role/focus of the Sky Fibre team now - sales? pre-sales technical advice? post-sales technical advice? a bit of all those?

Who has been supporting those recent fibre converts who have been having "speed issues" - Sky Fibre team? Normal broadband support?

What is the perceived quality of the support being received by those who have had it?
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

the care but been unable to fix the problem

vwbottom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Greenford
      Router: SR102
      Thanks

BT as a whole i find to be quite an unhelpful company. Has been like this for many years. And i can guess when BT where ordered to allow other ISP's to use the Fibre optic infrastructure that it got the company's back up. BT infinity customers will be the priority for sure.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Looking at other forums across the internet shows that this issue is not just affecting Sky Customers, it seems that mismatched profile or a cap at the fibre cabinet is something that only BTO engineers can request and fix. But whilst people blame sky, it is not their network and they get limited info about the connection. What I do think is sky's fault is not having the correct procedure to find errors and faults and getting them reseolved. The procedure for faults and issues with fibre will be the same as it has been in the past, the ISP checks their end and the end users set up and if no resolution is found then it is refered to the BTO who get someone at the exchange to check the line from their end (takes around 24 Hours) if nothing is found it is sent back at which point a call out can be raised. If the exchange picks up a fault or errors its passed on to engineer.

If sky really cared about its fibre customers they could pay for Saturday call outs for engineer visits but they dont. Customer experience should be the most important thing for sky here, this is a premium product that needs a high uptake to make it work this will only put people off...Sky are learning as they go along, but the rate they are learning is slower than the roll out meaning we tend to work things out faster than them!

To me once connected to sky fibre faults should be reported to the SVBN team as you are on their network after all it is a condition for having the service connected, it should be then sent to level 2 support before passing to BTO. Issues like these should never go on for longer than 3-5 working days.
      speedyrite likes this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post

If sky really cared about its fibre customers they could pay for Saturday call outs for engineer visits but they dont.
      they doi i had BTO out on saturday
      Ipster likes this.

web_wizard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Undercliffe (MYUND)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damo82 View Post
      they do i had BTO out on saturday
      As did I. My problem was solved on the Friday. I also could not have had more helpful BTO engineers. Its the helpdesk they speak to who have the power to reset profiles that are useless.
      Ipster likes this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

has anyoner got this fixed??

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)