Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Openreach busy mmmmm

This is a discussion on Openreach busy mmmmm within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well i know this is a bit off topic, but with it concerning fibre install, i thought i would post ...

deafxlistener is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Openreach busy mmmmm

Well i know this is a bit off topic, but with it concerning fibre install, i thought i would post in here.

As some of you know i was having Infinity installed on new line yesterday. Half of it happened(the new phoneline). After a couple of calls to ask where the Infinity engineer was, and a threat to cancel i was pleaded with to wait until tuesday and they would get the engineer out. I put a nice email into the complaints department last night aswell just fro safe measure.

Today i got a phonecall asking if i would be in at 3pm and i said i would be.

Now this is the relevant bit about my post Bt openreach engineer arrived at my house at 15:05. He had finished the Infinity install by 15:30. in this time he was telling me how busy they where, and that they had missed over 100 appointments yesterday. Now it is 17:08 as i type this, and he is still sat in his van outside my house playing on his laptop. Seems theres gonna be more people peed at these guys as they abviously don't give a damn.

Nice speed increase on my connection was meant to get 27Mb/s down and 5.6 up but i am getting 36.4 down and 6.4 up happy days except for torrents that is.... come on sky looking forward to be able to order at end may.

Another thing i thought was totally wrong. 3 of my neighbours had lost there infinity connections over last few days. The Engineer said he had been on my street a few times trying to sort the problem over last few days. He stated the DSLAM is faulty in the fibre cabinet, but as it's only affecting around 10 people BT wholesale won't do anything. He told me that it would take around 20-30 people to be affected before it was replaced. This doesn't look good for the future of fibre...

2. Advertisement
      NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      So yet again the great British public get treated like dirt!!!

Don't these companies realise that we are in a recession? They should be bending over backwards because we have entered into yet another 12/18 month contract but yet they over book and cost us money in multiple days off work.

odds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Openreach busy mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by deafxlistener View Post
      Well i know this is a bit off topic, but with it concerning fibre install, i thought i would post in here.

As some of you know i was having Infinity installed on new line yesterday.

Nice speed increase on my connection was meant to get 27Mb/s down and 5.6 up but i am getting 36.4 down and 6.4 up happy days except for torrents that is.... come on sky looking forward to be able to order at end may.
      Am I misssing something here have you just entered into a new minimum term contract with BT but you intend to switch to Sky after 3 weeks into that contract with BT ?

Pete.

simon194 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDHAS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub with Billion 8800NL in bridge mode
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odds View Post
      Am I misssing something here have you just entered into a new minimum term contract with BT but you intend to switch to Sky after 3 weeks into that contract with BT ?

Pete.
      I hope the OP's not seriously going to do that because it's a bit pricey since they dropped the maximum early termination fee, it'll be something between about 145 and 250 depending on the package.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

iirc The OP has 2 phone lines, in the first post he has had a new phone line added.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Thanks

1 line Sky Fibre and 1 line BT infinity, should be fun lol. Your speed of 36/6Mb is with a 40GB usage yes?
      iechyd da

Thanks

That is correct Newsreader.

So i will still have the BT Infinity for full contract and also the SFU when available. Once the contract for BT Infinity is up. I will be moving that line to SFU. The max i will get on any of my 2 lines is the 40/10 services so yes it will cost me more but i will have the equivelant of 80/20 through my house. Also if BT have a problem i have sky to fall back on and vice versa.

Thanks

No Paul it's Infinity option 2 unlimited usage. Our exchange can't do the 80/20 service as yet the engineer was saying. So 40/10 is the max around here.

Edit: all my neighhbours or getting 27mb or less from the start. and thats 9 out of 18 houses on my cul de sac. So the engineer must have found me a good line.

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Thanks

dealxlistener,
      Sorry mate but you have been told a bum steer it has nothing what so ever to do with the Exchange, the uplift in speed is all done at the Dslam by lifting the 40/10Mb cap off your line with a bit of software change, So you are paying for 80/20Mb but are only getting less than half speed.
      iechyd da

Thanks

Maybe I think it's more to do with the length of the line from the cabinet. It's 500m by road, the engineer did say the lines are around 700m though.

I got the package for the unlimited usage over the speed anyway at atm, I will enquire about it though. Maybe another email to the UK mods on the Care forum as they are the ones that seem to sort any problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast