Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Like Tree12Likes

Truly, Truly, Gutted! A no Show for me!

This is a discussion on Truly, Truly, Gutted! A no Show for me! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme The sync speed depends on the length of the copper wire and its condition. Ah, ok. ...

AdamBrunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming (THGG)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Truly, Truly, Gutted! A no Show for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The sync speed depends on the length of the copper wire and its condition.
      Ah, ok. So - with a direct connection between the PC and router and modem, speed test results should be pretty close to sync speed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It is possible, like many others, that you are suffering from having a capped profile, but connecting the router directly would be the only way to rule this out/in.
      Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      I'd reckon the homeplugs would be the problem
      That was my suspicion as well but with the modem at the opposite end of the house to the router and concrete floors, homeplugs is the only way I can see

Just run another speedtest.net test and got: ping = 18ms, download = 36.63Mbps, upload = 1.69Mbps which is a lot more impressive.

A torrent test I did this evening (with only about 35/188 seeders connected) was averaging 1.7/1.8MB down Just about try another test with a torrent with 1000s of seeders. Other torrents with a similar number of seeders (30ish) is getting 2.6/2.7MB down so all good
      jayhab likes this.

2. Advertisement
      AdamBrunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming (THGG)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Truly, Truly, Gutted! A no Show for me!

Got the follow up call from Sky CS this morning to make sure everything was OK ... and offer a 50 credit for the missed installation.

Happy days

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456