Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky BB exit to BT - can I retain Sky Talk?

This is a discussion on Sky BB exit to BT - can I retain Sky Talk? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When you come up against problems that are not quickly resolved then its easy to get frustrated and decide to ...

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sky BB exit to BT - can I retain Sky Talk?

When you come up against problems that are not quickly resolved then its easy to get frustrated and decide to go off elsewhere but the term 'jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire' springs to mind.
      Personally if im unfortunate enough to have any probs when i finally get to order mine then ofcause i will be annoyed and frustrated at any delays but would still rarther wait even a couple extra months to get sorted with Sky Fiber than to go and get locked into an 18 month contract with BT.
      Each to their own i guess.

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1973 View Post
      Hi Paul, I see you have bts fiber, how's the speed at peak times, you speeds look insane to me ;-), reason I stayed with sky is because Bts peak time speed cap ... Is this still happening ?
      Charlie,
      TBH I've never had any cap at any time since I've been with BT and no problems due to crosstalk, my speed has now gone up to 77Mb/18Mb
      iechyd da

deafxlistener is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

I agree Moxey, but, what i ahve had to pay in line rental to BT has been saved in the fact i didn't have to pay 130 to have a new line installed. what i have to pay for infinity has paid nearly for itself from the deals SKY did for me. With only being able to get 27.6 d/l and 5.6 u/l even on infinity 2 i have the choice of having both lines on SFU fibre after the 18 months bt contact is up, plus in the meantime whilst waiting for SFU to be available. i can use the infinity to make the most of my 3D telly, 3D bluray player, Sky anytime+ upstairs and down. Laptop, Xbox 360, Wii, 2 pc's and mobile phones. So in the end i am really in a win win situation.

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Moxey
      When you come up against problems that are not quickly resolved then its easy to get frustrated and decide to go off elsewhere but the term 'jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire' springs to mind.
      Personally if im unfortunate enough to have any probs when i finally get to order mine then ofcause i will be annoyed and frustrated at any delays but would still rarther wait even a couple extra months to get sorted with Sky Fiber than to go and get locked into an 18 month contract with BT.
      Each to their own i guess.
      Too true

BT promised me a smith transition on saturday so I placed my order on Sunday. By 8am Monday morning it had all gone wrong so I cancelled order yesterday.

I will just have to battle with sky to get my fibre. My issue/worry is with engineer no shoes or late cancellations. Getting time off work is not the easiest thing to do!!!

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NWLondoner View Post
      Too true

BT promised me a smith transition on saturday so I placed my order on Sunday. By 8am Monday morning it had all gone wrong so I cancelled order yesterday.

I will just have to battle with sky to get my fibre. My issue/worry is with engineer no shoes or late cancellations. Getting time off work is not the easiest thing to do!!!
      Sad to hear it's gone wrong again. Can't be that hard to get an order then install, can it? What they all playing at. Don't think they want your money. What was the problem with the BT infinity order?
      With sky since 1997.

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      What was the problem with the BT infinity order?

The order rejected the fibre part of the install. Again they could not give a reason but said that if i switch to their phone line and ADSL broadband first then i could place my fibre order. In other words get me on their network and TIED to a contract then screw me over for the fibre. If they could NOT tell me what the issue was NOW, how the hell do they expect me to trust them about their other promises.

I've been on BT ADSL before and sadly the MODS won't let me print what i really think of their ADSL service and support (but put it this way jeremy hunt springs to mind). 3mb on Sky and having to wait for Fibre with them is better than being stuck on BT ADSL

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Just to (hopefully) finish of my sorry tale, as of yesterday evening my online account details show no details under the Order Tracking option, whilst my broadband shows as Unlimited; no mention of the fibre order and no mention of the awaiting devactivation, which was a part of the fibre installation process.

It took Sky six days to do that - well done, boys and girls.

Hopefully that is the end of the saga. Will look at moving to BT for both phone and fibre in a couple of months time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12