Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

reply from sky help centre

This is a discussion on reply from sky help centre within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got in contact by complaint email to the sky help centre and i got some replies: orginal email sent: ...

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

reply from sky help centre

I got in contact by complaint email to the sky help centre and i got some replies:

orginal email sent:

I am writing to you about the appalling service i am recieving from the sky fibre broadband team. I don't know if this is the correct route to go through as there is no option for sky fibre broadband. Dear sky fibre broadband, My Initial sky fibre installation, was 27/04/12 openreach engineer did turn up but not at my address, as he told sky, that my current mobile number that was given to him, was a dis-connected number, it was an incorrect number, because I accidentally told sky the wrong number, got 2 numbers mixed up...and the openreach engineer recons that my address is incorrect due to not being able to contact me by phone, apparently he wasnt told my home landline phone number, i thought he would be given that, aswell as my mobile number... I got told this by a sky rep, who I spoke to over the phone... using the number 08442 410104 The only thing that can be done, was to reschedule the installation date at a rediculous date of 24th may...another 2 weeks & 3 days.. is there any way of rescheduling it, at a date before the 14th may? as it was partly a fault of the openreach engineer & sky having the wrong information, sky for having the wrong contact number...and openreach reconning my address is incorrect, when I have recieved my new sky fibre router from the same address used...also especially when there is a big sign outside my street showing its name...in pale blue & white..

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: reply from sky help centre

sky help centre reply:

Dear Mr

Customer
      Account Number:
      I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that your appointment was rescheduled for the installation of Fibre Optic connection on 24th may and you want it to be installed on 14th may 2012. I will do my best to help you.
      I am sorry that one of our engineers was updated with the incorrect contact number. I am sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the level of service you have received. I assure you that we usually provide the highest level of customer service and I’m very disappointed that your recent experiences didn’t reflect this.
      As a company which very much values its customers, we invest considerable resources in staff training and monitoring procedures to maintain the quality of our customer service. All our staff are fully aware of their responsibility to be courteous and helpful in dealing with any customer. Conduct of the sort you describe is clearly not acceptable.
      I am grateful that you have brought your experiences to my attention and assure you that they will be used to help address the areas requiring improvement.
      I have checked your account and see that the Fibre Optic team have changed the contact number and the appointment has been changed to 14th of may 2012. You will be contacted on your landline number prior to engineer visiting your property. I would appreciate your patience in this matter.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, please reply to my email and I will be happy to help you.
      Kind regards
      Sky Help Centre
      Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment
      Last edited by Scubbie; 30-04-12 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Removed contact name

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

remove your account number from the thread above
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Thanks

2nd email sent in reply:

hello sky help centre,

I was not aware that the rescheduled installation was actually, originally rescheduled on the 24th of may, as the sky rep i spoke to over the phone, did say it was actually rescheduled on the 14th of may, the earliest date it can be rescheduled...what does not amuse me at all, is the fact I waited from the order date until the 27th of april, and then having to wait another 2 weeks + 3 days just because of the fault of the engineer getting incorrect information, as i was told the engineer reported incorrect contact number + incorrect address also, if it was an incorrect address, then i would not have recieved my new sky fibre router, through same address. if it was, say at a date around next week from 30 - 10 of may then i would of accepted the date, and waited for it...

I anticipated the engineers visit, by waking up so early, 7:30am, and waited for ages for the engineer, and then being told that the engineer actually visited at 12:13pm that day, at a different address, as I was there wating for the door to knock, and I am definately sure no door knock was heard at 12:13pm as i would have heard it...and then being told that the engineer could not access my property...when i was actually inside it, waiting to hear the door knock, fair enough, the incorrect contact number he was given, was a bit strange, as I was not aware he was only given my mobile number, I thought he would of been given my landline number aswell as mobile...

Is there any way, that the installation can be sorted at a closer date, instead?...

Thanks

2nd email to sky help centre:

Hello sky help centre,

I forgot to note that, the 24th of may, was a typo error on my part, it was meant to be typed as 14th, not 24th....

Thanks

sky help centre reply:

Dear Mr

Customer Account Number:

I understand that you want the appointment re-scheduled at the earliest before 14/05/2012 for installing Fibre Optic connection. I will do my best to help you.
      I have checked the records and see that the appointment depends only on the BT Openreach engineer availability. Hence, I am sorry to inform you that the nearest availability date was on 14/05/2012. We have booked that date for the installation of Fibre Optic connection. I kindly request you to wait untill 14/05/2012 for the installation. I appreciate your patience in this matter.
      Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter. If you have any further queries or concerns, please reply to my email and I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards
      Sky Help Centre
      Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment
      Last edited by Scubbie; 30-04-12 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Removed contact name

atgooner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upton Park
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I know how you feel with this one. When I first called up to book fibre - I got quoted the 4th May for an install. But then due to bugs in Skys ordering system which wouldnt let me complete my order and consequently having to wait an extra week for Sky to confirm they could process my order - the earliest I could order fibre was the 14th! (to make matters worse, I couldnt get the 14th or 15th off work - so have to wait till the 16th May for installation!).

I'm not sure how it works between Sky and BTO but it appears 2 weeks is just a standard thing they do and there isnt such a thing as a priority order to get you booked in earlier!

David76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

When ordering your fibre I take it they asked your preferred contact number, and you chose a mobile number, which you gave incorrectly?

Thanks

no, they obviously have my home landline number, as that is the one I am using to call them...I gave my mobile number as an option, and I accidentally told them the incorrect number, I would of thought that sky would have given the engineer my house landline number & my mobile number...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

As Sky, and any other ISP that offers Fibre services based on BTs network, rely on openreach to install the necessary equipment in customers homes they are limited by the appointments available to them. Fibre is really popular just now so the availability of engineers will be low. The only likely way they would be able to get someone sooner is to cancel someone elses visit, which wouldn't be very good for that other person. You might be able to get a cancelled appointment if it comes up, but they rarely do and they are normally filled pretty quickly so you'd be extremely lucky to get one.

I would just deal with it, it was an unfortunate mistake. Things like this happen all the time to everyone. Best way to deal with it is not to get too hung up about it.

However, I do just want to point out that the reason Sky had the wrong contact information is because you gave them the wrong information (as per your original post). With regards to calling you on a landline, well I can't comment on that as I don't do the fibre orders so I don't even know if openreach can be given a 2nd contact number on the order sheet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast